forgotten master password

Scholar

forgotten master password

hi

i have forgotten my master password for f secure key and cant find my recovery code.  i uninstalled key.  how do i now proceed .

using windows 10

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: forgotten master password

Hi macmac,

As per this article, the Master Password Recovery Code is a unique and personal code that is the only means of regaining access to KEY, should you forget your Master Password.

You would require the recovery code in order to gain access to Key again. In your case, you have to uninstall and install Key and put in your passwords freshly again.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

hi - i whenever i try to install - it takes me to the login page as though not uninstalled.  it's remembering something?

Community Manager

Hi macmac,

As Jouni has mentioned here, in Windows, you have to also remove the 'user data' folder for uninstalling Key. Key might still be having the link to this folder and hence asking you to login after the reinstall.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.