Windows 10 app / storeapp for Windows 10 S

Novice

Windows 10 app / storeapp for Windows 10 S

Hey! Im wondering about the possibilites for your Key Manager software (Together with F-secure Safe and Freedome) to be accessible through the Windows 10 app store/MS store.

Looking for a Windows 10S device for my household (Lots of people installing everything the internet says here) but not sure if i want to be without those serviceses.

4 REPLIES 4
Executive Member

Betreff: Windows 10 app / storeapp for Windows 10 S

Unfortunately, there are no Windows Store Apps (Windows Universal App) available at this time.

Also please check:

- Freedome: Windows Universal Platform App

- Key: Windows Edge implementation / extension

- Home Security Beta Programs: F-Secure security solutions

I am asking for Windows Store Apps for a long time now. Freedome team is apparently working on a Universal App for Windows Store but no timeline yet.

Community Manager

Re: Windows 10 app / storeapp for Windows 10 S

Hi ClaesW,

I did a check with the Key team regarding Key availabilty in the Universal Windows platform apps. There are currently no plans for it.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

@Laksh wrote:

Hi ClaesW,

I did a check with the Key team regarding Key availabilty in the Universal Windows platform apps. There are currently no plans for it.

Hello,

Sorry for ask. Just because there also was meanings about Windows Phone support previously (with some responses... and when it was just Windows Phone 8/8.1);  Generally it switched to UWP (and probably Windows Phone 8.1 can be marked already "as not supported" in some meanings and there probably not reasonable to ask about it); But about Universal Windows platform apps (as potentially more "reasonable" ask);

- This is just not possible to do (F-Secure Key as its features/main design) under Universal Windows platform (or under previous Windows Phone platform)?

- Or it not known for F-Secure Key team "how to do so" (and there no plans to research about it)?

- Or it just suspected that it will be not interesting for users? Such as - if F-Secure Key will develop it - no one will use it (?)? So they do not want to do so?

Or just there meanings that F-Secure Key considering that UWP not really interesting (powerful, resonable) thing to support it?

- Maybe there can be all of this meanings partly; or maybe something else?

If there available any of answers, of course.

Thanks.

Executive Member

@Ukko

Just a guess, but I think Key is not a primary focus of F-Secure's portfolio strategy. Maybe not enough resources (time, money, developers) to focus on a Windows Store (Universal) App.