Why there are deleted items in the export password text ?

Aspirant

Why there are deleted items in the export password text ?

Why there are deleted items in the export password text , items that I deleted a long long time ago ?

They don't contain passwords though, but why keep them there ?

This applies both to Windows and Mac versions.

br,

tajuton

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Why there are deleted items in the export password text ?

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this information. I've notified the relevant team of your finding.

Best Regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi tajuton,

A deleted password entry is not completely removed from the database. The product leaves an internal identifier and a timestamp of the deleted entry because they are needed for the device synchronization to work properly. All other data, such as user name and password, are cleared from the database. Or at least that's how it should be... It looks like there's a bug in the product that causes some data (URL, color code and style) not to be removed, so they are still shown in the export passwords list. We'll fix this issue in the future release.

Thank you for your good finding!

Br,
Timo

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this information. I've notified the relevant team of your finding.

Best Regards,
Peter

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi tajuton,

A deleted password entry is not completely removed from the database. The product leaves an internal identifier and a timestamp of the deleted entry because they are needed for the device synchronization to work properly. All other data, such as user name and password, are cleared from the database. Or at least that's how it should be... It looks like there's a bug in the product that causes some data (URL, color code and style) not to be removed, so they are still shown in the export passwords list. We'll fix this issue in the future release.

Thank you for your good finding!

Br,
Timo