WPF-Application crash hard while Key is running

Scholar

WPF-Application crash hard while Key is running

We have a software product using Microsoft WPF for UI and we received report from customer about our product just disappearing suddenly when closing dialogs, spesifically when selecting OK or similar.

We found out that the crash came from access violation in .NET Framework library UIAutomationCore.dll and occurs only when F-Secure Key is running. We also verified this behavior in a fresh environment on virtual machine so it's not a problem with the customer's system.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: WPF-Application crash hard while Key is running

Hi teemuk,

As I checked with our team, could we know which software using the Microsoft WPF was crashing when running along with the Key?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi Laksh,

It's a software targeted to our customers. I can give you access to it, but I'd rather not share it in public. Can I message you privately somehow (I didn't find such a feature in this forum)?

Didn't look hard enough... I'll send you a private message!

Community Manager

Hi teemuk,

Thanks for the update. I will continue in the PM further.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
F-Secure

The problem might be related to F-Secure KEY autofilling feature.

We are now planning to start using browser extensions instead old approach and most likely problem will go away. Beta version with Chrome support is scheduled for a beginning of October.