Updated to 3.0.122 on Windows, have suddenly over 46000 years of subscription, something corrupted?

Aspirant

Updated to 3.0.122 on Windows, have suddenly over 46000 years of subscription, something corrupted?

I've been using Key Premium on Windows (8.1) and Android for about a year now and I just updated to version 3.0.122 on Windows, and it says that I have Key Premium enabled way past the year 46000. Is this F-Secure's idea of "lifetime license" or is something in my installation corrupted? 

Edit: Android client reports a few months longer subscription, so both have over 46000 years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Updated to 3.0.122 on Windows, have suddenly over 46000 years of subscription, something corrupted?

I emailed my installation details to support staff and they confirmed that old versions of the Key program used different timestamping format, which caused the issue. They assured that the issue would be fixed in the next update.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Updated to 3.0.122 on Windows, have suddenly over 46000 years of subscription, something corrupted?

It's just annoying bug how Key shows the date for you, your subscription still will expire no matter what your client says. 

The thing is that now you don't know when the expiry date is going to be.

F-Secure

It is not as it is supposed to be.

Can you please copy information at Help->About->System information (select all the text, and then copy by using CTRL+C/CMD+C) and send it to me in PM or to password-manager-feedback@f-secure.com?

F-Secure

Have you used old client versions? It might be related to incomatibility of the old and new client versions.

Aspirant

Yes, as I said I updated to this new version. I think the old version might have been 2.something.
Aspirant

I emailed my installation details to support staff and they confirmed that old versions of the Key program used different timestamping format, which caused the issue. They assured that the issue would be fixed in the next update.

Scholar

I have had the same problem for a long time (months). I just updated to version 4.0.104 and the year still is 46004.

PC with Win 10 (the problem was also in Win 8).

F-Secure

You probably have Android client connected that causes a problem with license.

In order to get rid of this problem, you need to make a backup of your passwords (by exporting to a file), then remove all the clients completely. After that, install desktop client, import passwords, enter new voucher code to enable premium subscription and then connect other devices.

If you would like to do so, I can contact you in PM to restore your subscription.

Scholar

Sounds  lot of extra work. I can live the wrong year number if that does not cause any other problems, does it?