Unresponsive synchronization between devices - troubleshooting ideas wanted

Scholar

Unresponsive synchronization between devices - troubleshooting ideas wanted

Bought a subscription for F-Secure KEY this morning and am having some issues getting it to sync between my phone and PC. I have looked through the FAQ, searched the help forums and tried a help article etc, but would appreciate any help in how to troubleshoot this issue further. 

Computer: Running Windows 10, with F-Secure SAFE and FreedomeVPN.

Phone: Android v. 6.0.1 and Cyanogen OS version 13.1.2-XNH2KAS3P0-bacon (model OnePlusOne), with F-Secure SAFE and FreedomeVPN. 

I have tried to connect to my computer from my phone and vice versa, see details below.

I have entered a valid subscription voucher.

Syncing from phone, trying to connect to computer: When I enter a synchronization code (I have tried several), the app tries to sync endlessly "synchronizing with another device" with no apparent timeout (yet). I have waited for a maximum of ten minutes. I've had to kill the app and try again. I have restarted the phone in between tries.

Syncing from computer, trying to connect to phone: says that I should check my internet connection and/or synchronization code. Internet connection: yes. Have used several different synchronization codes and I have restarted the computer in between tries. I have also tried turning off FreedomeVPN temporarily and/or even F-Secure SAFE.

I'm afraid I might have missed trying something simple/obvious. Smiley Sad

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Scholar

Re: Unresponsive synchronization between devices - troubleshooting ideas wanted

Same problem Smiley Sad

Scholar

It just keeos on "syncing" ´. Never goe to

• When prompted, enter the master password that you use on your Premium device.
  • Once synchronization is successful, tap Confirm if syncing to a mobile, or click OK if syncing to a desktop.

Community Manager

Hi katson and Jänis,

Please try to check if https://avain.f-secure.com is reachable and the firewall doesn’t block the connection on your device. Please also have a look at this article for more information.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

https://avain.f-secure.com leads me to a blank page from both computer/phone, but doesn't generate any error message. Is that correct?

I don't have any anti-virus or similar installed, except F-Secure SAFE which I have tried to pause/disable momentarily.

I have found a workaround, which is to initiate the sync from my phone, let it synchronize for about five minutes and then kill the app. When I start it and log in again, the passwords that I entered at my computer and vice versa are there.

Community Manager

Thanks for the update, katson. If the issue still pops up, I would recommend to open a support ticket with our team for analysis.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.