Syncing Problems in Android app

Highlighted
Scholar

Syncing Problems in Android app

I have Key Premium working on OS X but whenever i try to sync the database with the Android app it simply doesn't work. There are several problems. First when i go to connect devices and input the code generated on the OS X app the "Connecting" pop up overlay doesn't really cover the buttons that are supposed to be covered below, instead you get a blend of both overlays, and you can interact with the buttons that should be below. Sometimes it just stays like that forever, some other times i get the new Master Key pop up. After I input my OS X app master key and accept, the pop up comes out again asking me for the master key, and it never ends, just keeps popping up again and again and again. It never syncs, not even partially. I have tried reinstalling but the problem is always there. I'm on Android 5.1.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Syncing Problems in Android app

@Jassu 

I unfortunately do not have a global solution to provide here for these syncing problems. I simply provided a alternative voucher to Axollott by private message, to try.

Rest assured that we will inform you once a stable solution is found.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Scholar

I'm not lying. I still have the issue and i haven't even heard a thing from support team. Very rude. You should get a slap in the face with a giant Tuna fish. Plop, PLOP et PLOPLOPLOPLOPPLOP. http://imgur.com/fSgjRI7 http://imgur.com/uwah25z http://imgur.com/h7RwcWL
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Axolott, 

Sorry for not coming back to you earlier. I forward you request to our development team and get back to you via Private message.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

Please give answers here at community, not via PM.

I'm also interested about the solution and really frustrated with this current android version. Any idea when the next release is coming?

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

@Jassu 

I unfortunately do not have a global solution to provide here for these syncing problems. I simply provided a alternative voucher to Axollott by private message, to try.

Rest assured that we will inform you once a stable solution is found.

Best Regards

-Ben

View solution in original post

Scholar

ok i have recieved the PM, what should i do with it? should I use it in the OSX client (where my passwords are currently stored) or in the android app?
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Axollott,

Taking this voucher in use on the android device trying to sync would be the first step to try fixing this problem.

Best Regards

-Ben

Can you provide older version of Key for Android to testing purposes? Seems that problems are with this new one, and i would like to test if i can get this working with older version.

Scholar

OK, I´ll try that out.

Scholar

OK so i used the voucher in the phone, it´s still not working, when i sync from the android generated code to OS X, after i enter the code i just get the main password list view, nothing else happens, doesn´t ask me for the phone´s master password. When i do the opposite, from code generated in OS X  for the Android, It just hangs in the Connecting pop up overlay. Smiley Sad  I really want to help ya guys, i get in to every single beta you invite me, tell me if you need a log or something from my phone. My passwords have been taken hostage by the OS X app. Smiley Tongue