Synchronizing and export doesn't work

Aspirant

Synchronizing and export doesn't work

I have tried now several times to export my keys to a file. Nothing happens when I click export button. Absolutely nothing. So no exports and my keys are only in this software.

Then I bought premium version so that I can even sync everything with my tablet and phone. First time everything worked fine. After few new releases Connect devices stopped working. I give the code from my computers Key Software and press connect button and then it says wait and freezes. 

That is if the software even opens in my android phone. Only the logo window is shown and that's it. I have to re-install it several times and everytime the passwords should be Synchronized but how can I do it because it doesn't work. 

I really can't recommend this product to anyone nor pay anything for premium. I take my money to somewhere else

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Synchronizing and export doesn't work

Don't know what version works but I installed latest pc version and new android version and syncing works. I have new phone SM-G800F and android ver 4.4.2.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Linsus,

Sorry to hear that you have a hard-time synchronizing and exporting your data.

Could you tell us which versions you do use on your desktop and Android phone?

Did you already follow both this and this article?

Did you have our Technology Preview version in use at anytime? This could cause some synchronization issue.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

I have tried both articles. 

First one stops in step 3. There is never any saving dialog shown. I have HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC and Windows 8.1 64-bittinen.

Second stops in step 5. I never get question about the master password. I have Samsung GT-I9195 and Android version 4.4.2.

Desktop version is downloaded from f-secure site and android version from play store

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

We released recently new versions  of KEY, could you tell us which one you have currently in use?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

I got version 3.0.112 but previous version didn't work either. My mom tried exporting with previous version with Acer computer and she could do it

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. Maybe I have experience about something same.

Today I goes to check new version of Key (3.0.112) and get a lot of strange points around.

Also it's can be related with your description. Such as one of "strange points" - buttons, which not work (not just export, but also create-password or other). There have visible "indicator" of trouble-stuck-point, but I thought.. that it's can be just my local experience.

Anyway.. can be helpful (I talk just about Windows client.. not try it with other platforms about recent versions) with your situations next steps:

-> Launch Key UI, Enter by master-password, goes to "Lock"-feature.

-> Entering again to Key.

-> Export should to work after that?

It was my steps.. for "re-stuck" situation around UI.. with first launch after "installation". And my experience about "each first" launch comes with stuck about a lot of features and some of "UI"-troubles.

"Lock" from settings part.. work as "fix" this (if it's not shut down/quit between).

F-Secure

UI problems may be related to specific OS settings, because normally it should work just fine. We will take a look into it.

Superuser

Maybe it's not really UI problems. With my experience.. I call like that something next:

-> for example... there visible settings/words, which probably should be hidden (?!). Such as it's not work and when all OK - current part of words missing (under UI). It's about autofill and some other places.

-> Short-briefly skip-action for "Master Password Recovery picture".

-> if I have passwords.... it will be not visible.

-> "license" goes to be not a premium. and any of "codes" will be not work. or temporary work for session. Such as "total stuck".

I thought about local experience. But I did "uninstallation" after that.... also goes to use F-Secure Uninstall TOOL (as F-Secure Key removed by tool too).

And install it again after that.

Situation with my experience... same.

Launch as fresh installation. All OK (probably there), but usually I close it from first and run again.

With current "next" run and each one next first launch will be with strange poitns around.

-> UI have settings, which not available to use (autofill option, but it's goes to be not a valid after choose) and view with some of other information around (if there was valid license - information goes to be dropped).

-> Not able to use any of buttons (export or other).

-> But available to use "Lock' and entering to Key again (per launch - not shut down between) and F-Secure Key work normally.

But next "launch" (after quit) with same experience again.

Sorry for my reply.

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for over-the-words.

Just as additional for my experience/situation.

There two different steps (for normal behavior and for strange one):

--laptop Windows--

-> You add master password to form... and:

--> If you choose "Enter" - all OK.

--> if you choose "enter-button" (as Key-picture) by mouse or touchpad.... will be "strange situation" with points from previous description.

It's looks like that there stable behavior for current "different"-result by two various types of entering.

Not sure that there can be double-click-choose or something else (but I tried touch-pad and mouse - same strange situation;  Entering by "Enter" from keyboard - normal situation).

Sorry again.

Aspirant

I am having the same issue after doing an upgrade today. I have tried to sync my android to my PC by inputting the code from "sync devices" on my PC into my Moto G. The screen freezes and the Moto G is not synced to the passwords on my computer.