cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut taskbar icon

Highlighted

Shortcut taskbar icon

Hi,

Not a major issue here but it's kinda annoying. The icon for Key is missing, not in the app folder but everywhere else.

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel1.PNG

What i've tried so far:

- Repair install (doesn't work it breaks of with the message: account already excists)

- Uninstall and fresh install, results in same problem

- Manually change icon, since in the app folder it does appear, not possible (see image below)

Knipsel3.PNG

I used the F-Secure removal tool recently to uninstall FS Protection BETA, maybe that caused the problem. But then a reinstall should solve the issue.

Could use some help here, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Shortcut taskbar icon

Hi Rbbiz1,

Just to let you know, this issue has been fixed in KEY version 4.9.28.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
10 REPLIES
Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user.

Just like potential suggestions:

-> does it possible that something with hardware or system is wrong?

Just like such discussion:

Or any other potential more 'direct' situations (for your certain setting).

-> if your KEY localstorage with backup (or passwords/entries export file is available) - maybe it is possible to try some potential additional workarounds.

For example, if you re-name folder of F-Secure KEY and then launch desktop logo -> what will be as result?

OR For example, if you did remove desktop logo manually. KEY is closed too (not an active process) - does 'repair' action is not possible to perform? If yes -> what will be with manual launch KEY from its installation folder?

Thanks!

Thank you for your suggestions, unfortunatly those don't help.

Can someone from the F-Secure team please look at my issue?

Community Manager

Hi Rbbiz1,

May I know the OS of your device and also the version of KEY installed?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

Windows 10 (PRO)

Key version: 4.8.110

Community Manager

Hi Rbbiz1,

Kindly get in touch with our support team via chat or phone here in order to invstigate this further.

Community Manager

Hello Rbbiz1,

I have brought this issue to the KEY team's notice. The issue will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.

Support did a reinstall and some other stuff, the icon was back to normal. A day after Key updates itself and the problem returned.

The weird thing is, the same thing I noticed with Adobe Reader but the problem limits to those two programs

Community Manager

Hi Rbbiz1,

Just to let you know, this issue has been fixed in KEY version 4.9.28.

Thanks, I can confirm that it is fixed

(force update function would be nice to have ;-)