Search field in KEY

Highlighted
Scholar

Search field in KEY

I suppose the search box in KEY is there so I can quickly search for a login by starting typing the web page name, but nothing happens. Found a question in the forum that seems to be about the topic and the answer is "Our F-secure KEY team has confirmed that the feature you are looking for is not avaliable at the moment for F-secure KEY for windows as it searches by title only in desktop machine" In my KEY, you can't search for anything. It's not good when you have lots of different logins and it doesn't work to search quickly without having to use the scroll bar. If I want to log in to something starting with z, I want that when I type the letter in the field, it should jump down to web pages starting with the letter z.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Search field in KEY

Hello @Pegasus 

Our F-Secure KEY team has added your request to our backlog and there is no ETA when this will be worked because we have more important things on the list for now. Indeed, we thank you for sharing your feedback which we deeply appreciate. We value your opinion and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve.

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Pegasus

Thank you for posting your query,  I can confirm that Search Field is now available in our latest version (4.9) of F-Secure KEY for Windows. If you are using an older version,  please try uninstall and re-install the F-Secure KEY and check again.

Scholar

I have Version 4.9.231 and the search the search bar does not work.

Hello @Pegasus 

To better understand the issue and will check with our backend team. Could you please drop here the screen shot of where the search field is missing?

And also let me know the version operation system running on your desktop machine. i.e windows 7

Scholar

It looks like this. I have a search field and I suppose it is intended that I should be able to enter the site I am looking for instead of scrolling down the drop down list. OS Windows 10F-Secure KEY.JPG

Hello @Pegasus 

Thank you for the screen shot and OS details, I will check this with our KEY team and will keep you update here soon.

Scholar

Thanks a lot. It would be a bit smoother :) otherwise I might have to reduce my passwords in Key and also use my Last Pass which I think is a very good password manager.

Hello @Pegasus 

Our F-Secure KEY team has added your request to our backlog and there is no ETA when this will be worked because we have more important things on the list for now. Indeed, we thank you for sharing your feedback which we deeply appreciate. We value your opinion and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve.