Recovery Code created in Windows 10 doesn't work

Scholar

Recovery Code created in Windows 10 doesn't work

For some reason, I'm not able to recover my master key with a recovery file saved from the client in Windows 10 (client installed today)

What are the options to recover the master key and passwords if the picture is not recognized?

See screenshot, I have cropped the QR code away from this

https://sky.berghor.net/s/SH4V1qhhW8PdHbz

6 REPLIES 6
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Recovery Code created in Windows 10 doesn't work

Hello aarneo, 

Can you confirm if this QR code was created on this device?

Also did you change your master password or connected another device after creating this QR -code?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Yes, it was created on the same device. Tried connecting another device when realized that can't remember the master password.
Scholar

Is there any ideas? Would like to unlock the couple passwords created in KEY in the coming days..

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

The QR code is the safety feature in case the Master password cannot be remembered. If this QR code is failing, we cannot retrieve the passwords. 

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Okay, I had to start all over with the Key, which is not the end of the world. But in this case as the f-secure couldn't create a valid QR code for restoration, I think it would be fare that I could still use the Voucher I had for it.

Is there any way to re-enable the used voucher?

Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello aarneo, 

I'll get back to you by private message on this matter.

Best Regards

-Ben