Problem with KEY window in OSX

Aspirant

Problem with KEY window in OSX

Here is a picture of my KEY application on my desktop (OSX):

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 17.35.11.png

As you can see, the upper bar is missing. The grey area you are seeing is my desktop background. Menu bar is hidden. I´m not able to control the size of the window. I have tried restarting my computer, closing and opening  the app, uninstalling and installing the app and all the keyboard commands concerning window size. I have also played with my menu bar setting, hiding and showing the bar. Nothing works. 

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Problem with KEY window in OSX

Hi iuso1,

Could you share the OSX and FS-KEY version you are using?

Also do you happen to observe this kind of behavior with any other app installed?

How did you proceed to uninstall and reinstall the app on your computer?

Did you follow this article? If you do so remember to make a back up prior to it.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hi,

OSX El Capitan 10.11.2

KEY: 4.1.112

Every other application i´m using is behaving normally.

I tried to uninstall the software using the method described in article, no effect after re-install. The upper bar still missing.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi,

Could you confirm that you  do not have the following option into use on your machine?

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-hide-the-menu-bar-in-os-x-el-capitan/

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

The problem started during the setting was on. Now it´s off. But when I make KEY window active, the menu bar disappears. When I activate another window, it re-appears.

Aspirant

Any suggestions?

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Iuso1,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

In order to investigate better this case, please open a support ticket including the screenshots of the problem and settings mentionned.

Please include also the data from the folder ~/Library/Application Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr/Pwmgr.log and refer to this thread. 

Best Regards

-Ben

Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help. 

Unfortunately I decided to change to another password manager. This isn´t first time I´m experiencing problems with KEY. Last time my problem took about a week to solve, numerous screenshots and dozens of messages. It is an password manager, not an complicated production tool: even though I love the simplicity and graphical UI I cannot say the app is worth the trouble.

Have a nice day!