Paid version but connecting two PCs is not possible

Novice

Paid version but connecting two PCs is not possible

Hi, I have the paid version of F-Secure Key for more than two years, but recently I discovered that syncronization between my desktop and laptop is not possible. I entered again and again the right code but I get the message "code is false". I've also tried to syncronize my android devices, and syncing is going on forever. Any clue?

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser

Re: Paid version but connecting two PCs is not possible

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

but recently I discovered that syncronization between my desktop and laptop is not possible. 

Good to doublecheck that any other third-party software (like security solution) does not block 'sync'-connection or attempt to create connection.

There is F-Secure KEY Knowledgebase article about:

I entered again and again the right code but I get the message "code is false"

Did you try to enter 'voucher/code' as activate "Premium"-state OR your experience is about temporary sync-numbers code?

Because "code is false" more sounds as output for voucher rather than for sync-code (but I did not try to sync devices with desktops/laptops; with Android device - there are a little be another wording).

There is F-Secure KEY Knowledgebase article about:

I've also tried to syncronize my android devices, and syncing is going on forever.

Does it valid for both devices? I tried to put 'sync-code' (KEY Premium) under this device (unlikely situation) and there is also 'syncing is going on forever' (and I think that there are expectations that we should to 'allow' sync under another device - what is not possible with my steps). I will try to re-check it with different devices - but maybe it is also possible to doublecheck with your devices that any other software does not able to block connection or restrict connection.

Thanks!

Novice

The exact message is "incorrect syncronization code", I have alredy seen the links you've posted - thanks for that but it didn't helped. 

I've uninstalled F-Secure Key + user data from my desktop and reinstalled but I'm still in truble...

Superuser

Hello,

@DimitriosP wrote:

The exact message is "incorrect syncronization code", I have alredy seen the links you've posted - thanks for that but it didn't helped. 

I've uninstalled F-Secure Key + user data from my desktop and reinstalled but I'm still in truble...

For except try to contact their official Support channel (chat as example):

my own steps during such situation can be something like:

-- back up for my "localstorage"-file (with Premium state) and export passwords to text-file as backup.

-- under device with F-Secure KEY Premium (visible under UI as Premium and possible to generate sync-codes) -> change Masterpassword to another one;

-- under 'trouble'-device: change Masterpassword to something else;

-- doublecheck that F-Secure KEY with latest available build for platform;

-- generate sync-code under 'premium'-device and put it under 'trouble'-device.

if still troubles with it -> doublecheck potential software (or even proxies) with abilities to prevent connection on both systems; then doublecheck things like system time (but it should not be?! a reason) or does it supported platform by KEY (with installed available updates as potential reason for some troubles with instructions for sync process);

as own feedback:

I tried with Android 8.1.0 and Windows 7.

It was possible to generate code under Android device and put it to Windows 7.

Then I 'delete' data for Android application and generated sync-code under Windows 7 for Android device - it was possible too.

Thanks!