New install not syncing or accepting password

WJS
Aspirant

New install not syncing or accepting password

Hi All.

I attempted to install Key (lastet version) on a PC and MAC and the situation on both is similar but I'll focus on the PC.

1. Ran installer; no errors.
  2. Launched Key: prompted to enter, new Master Password; I enter what I'm currently using as the password on my other devices.
  3. Attmped to connect devices: open Key on my phone, obtain code, enter code in Key on PC.
  4. Nothing happens. I wait about 15 minutes with the app, open, guessing since I have about 100 entries in my database, it may take a while.
  5. After 15 minutes with no change, I close the app and re-launch it, enter my password: the app fails to open. It's stuck at the password prompt; no errors. Hitting Enter or clicking the key icon does nothing.

I've reinstalled the app a few times with the same result. I've also tried installing the current version on a Mac and the problem is exactly the same but on the Mac, it was an upgrade on an exisiting, working install. It seems like the app is failing to communicate with the F-Secures servers but why is the password failing to open the app?

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
WJS
Aspirant

Re: New install not syncing or accepting password

I received a subscription voucher which allowed me to validate a new install on one of my computers then connect it with another device using a sync-code; this method resolved the issue F-Secure is having with a "third-party component that is managing subscriptions". I hope they quickly resolve the problem.

Scholar

Hello WJS,
i have the same problem and nobody can help me. Smiley Sad
Smartphone and tablet works fine with KEY Premium, but not on my PC (win7) since i have bought KEY Premium i can not open it anymore
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Hannes23,

I sent you a Private message in order to resolve this problem. Let us know if it worked.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hello,

It did not work Smiley Sad   and after that

I have found, and used the F-secure uninstall tool and removed all the F-secure stuff.

(internet securty and so )

After that i re-installed it all ..... but no succes.

greetz Hannes23

Scholar

I have the same problem. I updated the Key to the lastest version on my secondary Win7 PC. After upgrade I could not log in with master password, typing the password > nothing happens. I repaired the installation without help. Removing all F-Secure apps is not the answer! FIX THIS NOW. I'm paying of this service. Luckily I didn't upgrade my primary Win8.1 PC which I need daily. I would be lost if Key is not available. As F-Secure Partner this is gives bad reputation to us since we are the one talking about to customers to use Key.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello fisku,

Did you try the version released yesterday(build 3.1.104)?

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Login-to-F-Secure-KEY/m-p/70607#U70607

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.