Login to F-Secure KEY application failed

F-Secure

Login to F-Secure KEY application failed

A number of users reported a problem that they cannot login to KEY.
Problem is related to AppStore purchases and affected the users who bought Premium subscription using AppStore. The reason is that purchase information was in unsupported format and caused problems in KEY application.
We are now working on fix and planning to release new build today.

5 REPLIES 5
Scholar

Re: Login to F-Secure KEY application failed

I have this issue on Windows 7 and Windows 8, but not on OSX or iOS.

I didn't download from App Store in Windows, but from the F-Secure site.   I think there is a bug in 3.0.115 as a lot of people are reporting the same issue.  Additionally 3.0.115 seems to be problematic with Premium Subscription keys.

All the WF-Secure Key" keys I got last night with F-Secure Safe and one I bought separately have all failed - so 6 keys in total.

F-Secure

We should differentiate different kind of problems. We are now preparing new release that should fix login problem and those users who already tried this new version report that problem is gone.
If you have problem with voucher validation, we should take a closer look, maybe they are indeed invalid/expired?

F-Secure

New Windows build 3.1.104 is now available here: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi
It should fix login issue, also few sync issues.
Mac build will come later on.

Scholar

Login in Windows 7 seems to work now. Thanks F-Secure! 

Axmaster

Aspirant

I have downloaded the new version for Windows (05.21.15) and still cannot sync with my android. I looked at google play to see if I could reinstall the app, but google play says I already have it.  (I don't want to uninstall it and reinstall- the last time I did this it took several days to get my subscription accepted on my android.) The version for my PC works fine- I simply cannot sync with my android. I generate the number code on my PC, enter it on my android, then the android says it is syncing, but it never completes. I waited 5 minutes before terminating the sync. I tried it again with the same results. I tried chatting with online support, but they do not support KEY and were unable to assist me in any way.

Tags (2)