Key updates - Update demanded every time I open the program.

Highlighted
Scholar

Key updates - Update demanded every time I open the program.

The latest F-Secure Key update is driving me bonkers.  I've updated twice and I still keep getting a message that there's a new update.  I have installed it!  Twice.  Why does it...
<Snip

This was cut and pasted from a previous forum thread. It describes my problem exactly. It also illustrates that it is a known problem and that I have sought help via the Forum Search.

It does not inspire confidence in a program to which a great deal of sensitive information is entrusted.
Please - why is the system not completing the update as it has done previously?  I have made no setting changes to the Windows 10 pc.

Date 07/06/16 Time 18:59 (UK Brit Summer Time)
Version 4.3.108
Last synchronisation 2016-06-07    18:58:15

Please Advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: Key updates - Update demanded every time I open the program.

Hi BigAlinSK1,

I was experiencing the same problem for several days, I hadn't the time to address it until just now, issue solved by:

1. Download the latest version (curr v key_win_4.3.121) for your OS
  2. Quit F-SK (r-click tray applet & choose Quit)
  3. Install the application using the MSI package
  4. Approve escalated privileg when asked
  5. Click OK to end process when complete
  6. Start F-SK & unlock with master pword
  7. Click Help > About to verify version

5 REPLIES 5
Scholar

Hi BigAlinSK1,

I was experiencing the same problem for several days, I hadn't the time to address it until just now, issue solved by:

1. Download the latest version (curr v key_win_4.3.121) for your OS
  2. Quit F-SK (r-click tray applet & choose Quit)
  3. Install the application using the MSI package
  4. Approve escalated privileg when asked
  5. Click OK to end process when complete
  6. Start F-SK & unlock with master pword
  7. Click Help > About to verify version

Scholar

Thanks for the response. What you say makes sense, I will give it a go and see what happens.

I am still concerned that a program for which I have paid, and to which I am entrusting a significant amount of sensitive info, should be repeatedly shown to be buggy!

Cheer

Al.

Scholar

I have been busy, and have not had time to work on the PC since. This means that I have not tried the proposed solution. When I logged on to F-Secure Key today the update pop-up appeared, but this time the update went through completely and trouble free. No more nag screens!

Al.

Scholar

Good to hear. FYI: latest version is v4.3.123, you can check yours in F-Secure Key > Help.

Download latest version here: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi

Scholar

Thanks zer0ring. It was the latest version that updated the other day. It is strange why I had troubles with one of the intervening versions. It is all in order now, so I will get on with life and not ponder it too much.

Smiley Happy