Key on windows won't accept sync code after update

Scholar

Key on windows won't accept sync code after update

After last update, KEY turned to show that license is KEY FREE

Key on windows won't accept sync code made by phone or tablet.

Phone + tablet are still working normally.

Actually both updates happened recently, win + fsec, so it is difficult to say which one is root reason.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Win 10, 

Version: 4.8.110
Beta: false
User ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Device ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Purchase date: not available
Verification date: not available
Remaining subscription (days): not available
Total subscription length: not available
Valid until: not available
Product: not available
Redeem: not available
Recovery created: true
Password collection revision: 9262272
OS language: fi-fi
Selected language: fi
System URL: https://avain.f-secure.com
IAPS URL: https://iaps.sp.f-secure.com
System: 5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Pwmgr/4.8.110.0 Version/7.0 Safari/538.1
Operator: F-Secure
Number of tickets: 7
Entry count (total): 208
Entry count (visible): 198

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser

Re: Key on windows won't accept sync code after update

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just like potential suggestions and feelings:

-> Maybe it is good to know your Windows OS (does it Windows 7, Windows 10 or something else)?

-> Maybe it is good to hide your information with User ID and Device ID (because it is a public available community page; and more expected to use such information with direct F-Secure Support Channels like chat as example: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support).

-> It is good to have backup of your entries (for potential trouble situations).

->> Does F-Secure KEY update is only changes with system? If so > does it is, anyway, possible to check that any other security solutions (or layers) do allow connections to F-Secure servers (or other places for validate your subscription or sync-devices)?

->> Does it possible to check, for example, steps like "close/stop process F-Secure KEY on your phone or restart phone --- open F-Secure KEY --- open 'Connect devices' and generate code --- briefly add it with Windows device" - does it anyway with broken result? If so > why sync code is rejected? Does there visible any explanations or something like this?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Scholar

Booting other devices do not make any difference. Win app still keep saying, that code is not valid. 

Superuser

Hello,

I tried with my devices (even it should not be a proper check) and looks like that it was possible to sync Android device with Windows 10 device.

Difference with your situation - Windows 10 F-Secure KEY installation was fresh installation of KEY.

In general, it was also F-Secure KEY Android fresh installation (but recently synced with another Android device).

My own potential suggestions are:

check what with direct access to URLs like:

Does it available (not restricted by something?). With my experience - white screen is visible.

Maybe it is also an option to check that with Android device 'outgoing' connection to potential this URLs are not restricted.

Then - did you try to 'export' your passwords under Windows device (as backup of entries). Then to reinstall F-Secure KEY and re-try sync it with phone device?

Thanks!