Key not working on Mavericks

Scholar

Key not working on Mavericks

I'm running OSX 10.9 and have been trying to install F-Secure Key.

I've re-installed a few times, but each time I launch, I get a blank window. The window content never loads.

The log file at:

~/Library/Application Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr/Pwmgr.log 

is showing the following error:

[16:12:49:385] -C- undefined [0] : Error: Load timeout for modules: ext/domReady,jquery,handlebars,l10n,fastclick,pwmlog,backbone,underscore,marionette,sjcl
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#timeout

Can anyone help at all?

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser

Re: Key not working on Mavericks

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully one of our Mac users, or an F-Secure Expert can help you out, but if you don't get a response here within 24 hours, I'd suggest throwing in a Support Ticket, or try the Chat service, if it's available.

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Dear Zero,

We might need more information to further analyze the issue. Please feel free to contact our support team and provide more information so that our Technical Expert can analyze the case and give you a solution. Below is the link to contact our support team :-

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Sean Veloo

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

Former F-Secure Employee

Dear Zero,

Please accept my humble apology for the wrong information. I just noticed F-Secure Key. Please be informed that for F-Secure key, we do not provide standard phone/call support.

However we will proceed to assist you via community. Also please check our help in community:

Self help video available: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-to-use-F-Secure-Key-Self/ta-p/36417

Public FAQs: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/tkb-p/Protection%40tkb/label-name/key?labels=key

Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Sean Veloo

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

Scholar

I am seeing the same issue.  My Pwmgr.log looks like this.  Does the application rely on Safari in some fashion?  I have not tried running it when Safari is not running.

===== STARTED 2013-11-28 02:38:09 UTC =====
[02:38:10:434] -C- file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/js/ext/less-1.3.0.min.js [8] : less: parsed file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/less/pwmgr.less successfully.
[02:38:10:526] -C- file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/js/ext/less-1.3.0.min.js [8] : less: css for file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/less/pwmgr.less generated in 472ms
[02:38:10:526] -C- file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/js/ext/less-1.3.0.min.js [8] : less: css generated in 473ms
[02:38:35:760] -C- undefined [0] : Error: Load timeout for modules: main

Scholar

Here is some additional information on my setup.  I'm running OS X 10.9 on a 2007 iMac with 6GB of RAM.  I ran Key without Safari being active and got the same results -- empty window, and only a single Menu with a Services and Quit option.

Two processes appear when Key is launched:

F-Secure Key 64 bit
 QTKitServer-(22477) F-Secure Key   32 Bit

The following messages are logged in console.log, these appear to be advisory more than errors.

11/28/13 11:09:22.354 AM F-Secure Key[22477]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "FSecure Office" and got font with PostScript name "FSecureOffice-Bold". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.
11/28/13 11:09:22.355 AM F-Secure Key[22477]: CoreText performance note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSuboptimalRequest to debug.
11/28/13 11:09:33.172 AM F-Secure Key[22477]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "FSecure Office" and got font with PostScript name "FSecureOffice-Regular". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.
11/28/13 11:09:33.205 AM F-Secure Key[22477]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "FSecure Office" and got font with PostScript name "FSecureOffice-Regular". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.
11/28/13 11:09:33.209 AM F-Secure Key[22477]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "FSecure Office" and got font with PostScript name "FSecureOffice-Regular". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

Scholar

On another machine, my MacBookPro (13" Mid-2012, quad core i7, Mac OS X 10.9), Key runs just fine.

After copying to the Applications folder, it started up and let me create a new account with no issue.

application initializing, version 1.0.13

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Zero,

Please try the steps below.

1. First close F-Secure Key application opened.

2. Purge the application data to start fresh by rename the folder with adding ".old" in the end if you have data setup previously in this installation. Otherwise, delete the folder.

The application data is:
~/Library/Application Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr

Note: This is a hidden directory in users home directory.

3. When you now start F-Secure Key again, it would prompt to create the master password just as with first use and the contents of the application will be empty.

If this does not resolve the issue, kindly remove the application and reinstall with new installer download from here.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Scholar

Hi Jayson,

Still no good I'm afraid. The log file show exactly the same trace:

[08:38:20:012] -C- file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/js/ext/less-1.3.0.min.js [8] : less: parsed file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/less/pwmgr.less successfully.
[08:38:20:035] -C- file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/js/ext/less-1.3.0.min.js [8] : less: css for file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/less/pwmgr.less generated in 108ms
[08:38:20:035] -C- file:///Applications/F-Secure%20Key.app/Contents/Resources/www/js/ext/less-1.3.0.min.js [8] : less: css generated in 108ms
[08:38:30:802] -C- undefined [0] : Error: Load timeout for modules: ext/domReady,jquery,handlebars,l10n,fastclick,pwmlog,backbone,underscore,marionette,sjcl

Thanks,

I.

Former F-Secure Employee

We have been trying to reproduce this issue in house as well as with community help. The problem appears in a very small number of Maverick installations. We are still investigating the issue and testing a cadidate fix. Thanks for your patience.