Key not syncing between windows 10 and android

Aspirant

Key not syncing between windows 10 and android

For the past several days I have been unable to sync my computer and android phone. The process starts but does not finish. On my phone, it just continuously says it is syncing, but never does, On my computer, I get a message that it cannot connect to the server,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: Key not syncing between windows 10 and android

Hello,

// latter added line:  how I can to understand -> for Windows there available 4.5.116(?) F-Secure Key (higher, than your installed build): https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi // 

Bruce wrote:

I believe I am running the latest version. What is the version number. Also, the link included in the referenced article no longer functions

Thanks for your time

Sorry for my reply.

Do you mean that you found information (under another articles) that URL from knowledgebase-article outdated? Or just it not work with browser (or with something as blocking/page-not-found result)?

Because:

=======

Probably this URL - should not be available with direct visit by browser (as I can to understand). But it should be "valid"-URL; At least, with meanings -> there work "ping" and browser do not prevent access (or do not show that there "page not found" / access restricted / something like that);

Such article can be useful for situation - if your security solution (AV/Firewall or something else) block or restrict access to this domain (or IP or URL) and as result there prevented sync-process (as your premium-feature).

With your experience - which security solution/software installed under your system (and - does it possible - that there can be blocking access to URL?!);

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks.

// Later added: Also ... because with your previous replies - you also noted about certain troubles with such view. If there still "one Android device" (also maybe it possible - that under Android device there installed some other security solutions, which prevent access to URL from knowledgebase-article ?!); But because your previous stuck-situations usually fixed by upgrade/update. Maybe  you able to ask F-Secure Community Managers for "redirect" your situation as proper investigation with F-Secure Key (if you want, of course). For normal understanding why it happened so often (basically) with your experience. // basically - maybe there different situations - previously you noted that you had to "add sync-numerals" (as first-time syncing devices between each other); and this one was stuck-point; but with current situation there probably just troubles with refreshing/syncing your entries (?!) after changes on desktop? But maybe there fresh Android-device; or fresh installation under Android; Or maybe I just something understand wrongly. Sorry for my reply. Smiley Sad

also just as small other suggestions:

Spoiler
based on your previous replies it looks like that there possible that your purchase Premium Key was under Android device;
There also available such article:
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/Whitelist-in-app-purchase-URL/ta-p/80619

Which probably should not be valid there... but anyway (as another try-step with else one URL, which should not be blocked and should not be prevented for connect);

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Hi Bruce,

Could you check this article regarding the sync issue?

Are you using the latest version of Key in your Android device and computer?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

I believe I am running the latest version. What is the version number. Also, the link included in the referenced article no longer functions

Thanks for your time

Aspirant

I found the version numbers-

Andriod 4.5.5

Windows 10 4.5.107

Superuser

Hello,

// latter added line:  how I can to understand -> for Windows there available 4.5.116(?) F-Secure Key (higher, than your installed build): https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi // 

Bruce wrote:

Thanks for your time

Sorry for my reply.

Do you mean that you found information (under another articles) that URL from knowledgebase-article outdated? Or just it not work with browser (or with something as blocking/page-not-found result)?

Because:

=======

Probably this URL - should not be available with direct visit by browser (as I can to understand). But it should be "valid"-URL; At least, with meanings -> there work "ping" and browser do not prevent access (or do not show that there "page not found" / access restricted / something like that);

Such article can be useful for situation - if your security solution (AV/Firewall or something else) block or restrict access to this domain (or IP or URL) and as result there prevented sync-process (as your premium-feature).

With your experience - which security solution/software installed under your system (and - does it possible - that there can be blocking access to URL?!);

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks.

// Later added: Also ... because with your previous replies - you also noted about certain troubles with such view. If there still "one Android device" (also maybe it possible - that under Android device there installed some other security solutions, which prevent access to URL from knowledgebase-article ?!); But because your previous stuck-situations usually fixed by upgrade/update. Maybe  you able to ask F-Secure Community Managers for "redirect" your situation as proper investigation with F-Secure Key (if you want, of course). For normal understanding why it happened so often (basically) with your experience. // basically - maybe there different situations - previously you noted that you had to "add sync-numerals" (as first-time syncing devices between each other); and this one was stuck-point; but with current situation there probably just troubles with refreshing/syncing your entries (?!) after changes on desktop? But maybe there fresh Android-device; or fresh installation under Android; Or maybe I just something understand wrongly. Sorry for my reply. Smiley Sad

also just as small other suggestions:

Spoiler
based on your previous replies it looks like that there possible that your purchase Premium Key was under Android device;
There also available such article:
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/Whitelist-in-app-purchase-URL/ta-p/80619

Which probably should not be valid there... but anyway (as another try-step with else one URL, which should not be blocked and should not be prevented for connect);

Community Manager

Hi Bruce,

As mentioned in this article, could you please check if the sync is prevented due to the Anti-Virus software on your machine?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Thank you- I followed all your advice and am now able to sync my PC and Android.