Key and Opera

Aspirant

Key and Opera

I have Key on my Win7 laptop and it worked fine with Opera ja IE. Then I updated Opera (21.0) and now there's no Key icon in the password fields. Just a moment ago I updated Key (new version was available) but that didn't help, it's a no-go with Opera. Key works with IE11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser

Re: Key and Opera

Hello,

So, it was not my tips :) Current one "things" I already long time not used by my "reasons".

Current thing was about Google Chrome, but maybe it will be work with Opera too.

You can to try do next things:

- Your desktop can be with .lnk/shortcut for launch Opera.

- Right-click for that picture (Opera browser) and if it will be .lnk/shortcut.. you able to see:

Forms about object... "Here will be patch for Opera.exe"

here you should to add -> --force-renderer-accessibility

Will be next look: "Here will be patch for Opera.exe" --force-renderer-accessibility

Save changes. OK. And try to launch.

After that.. if you launch Opera by that .lnk/shortcut... Key should be work :)

Maybe it's more common steps, than using command line. If you don't have Opera (which .lnk or shortcut, which able to edit with that steps). You able to do that by "Opera.exe" -> Send to desktop (like create .lnk-file).

--------------------------------------------------

And most important : never give up :)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi mini,

Please press Ctrl + F2 on the login page, refer this KB article for more details.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

Hello,

Also current your trouble can be related with blink-core (Chromium/Google Chrome);

And it's mean... situation related with http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Why-doesn-t-F-secure-key-work-on/m-p/47065

You can try to check "chrome://accessibility" (add to address-bar).

One of my devices.. with Opera here have status "off" by default, which same with situation around Google Chrome. But that device without F-Secure Key and not check it, but your description close to that situation.

Aspirant

Nope, doesn't work. When I press ctrl+f2 and I get a list of sites I have saved to Key, but when I select something from there nothing happens. Nothing gets pasted/inserted to password field. Tested this with saunalahti ja younited.

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

I tried this with Opera 21.0. As @Ukko suggested, Opera is experiencing similar problem as Chrome at the moment. You can work around it by opening URL "opera:accessibility" in the location bar that takes you to Opera settings.

Make sure that on top of the Accessiblity configurations page it says "Global accessibility mode: on". If it says 'off' then click the text to toggle it on.

Immediately after doing this Opera behaved really strangely. When I closed all existing tabs and restarted the browser, clicked on the accessibility then it started to work as it should.

For Chrome we've been in contact with the browser developers and they will fix the browser in few months coming. I have no idea how soon Opera will be reflecting changes done in Chrome in their browser.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Juha

Aspirant

Nope, doesn't work. I changed "Global accessibility mode:" to "on" but every time I start Opera it's off again.

I'm running Opera 21.0.1432.67, which is the latest at the moment (I think...).

Need to test it little more, but seems that it just doesn't work now. Hopefully Opera is going to fix this...

Thanks  =)

MiNi

Superuser

Hello,

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Why-doesn-t-F-secure-key-work-on/m-p/47065

If it not will be with "magic" around Opera (stuck with normal situation) -> try check latest posts from topic (link).

Google Chrome (Blink/Chromium) dropped that behavior "remember accessibility-setting" after one of new version.

And it able to use tips by ...... /not found how to get link for one reply/ ... so quote:

| Solution is to start chrome with "--force-renderer-accessibility" |

If it works.. you can to read original reply on same topic.

Current situation with "not remember", when you edit accessibility-setting.... happened with Google Chrome 33.

Because Opera 20 based on Chromium/Blink 33 ... and Opera 20 not remember it too.

So Opera 21 based on Chromium 34 ....  where it's still same situation.

Aspirant

Hi Ukko

Seems that you are couple light years ahead of me... =)

Where should I insert  "--force-renderer-accessibility" ?

Maybe I'm a little off my league here  Smiley Wink

And I just should give up and start using Firefox (IE?! Thanks but no thanks)

MiNi

Highlighted
Superuser

Hello,

So, it was not my tips :) Current one "things" I already long time not used by my "reasons".

Current thing was about Google Chrome, but maybe it will be work with Opera too.

You can to try do next things:

- Your desktop can be with .lnk/shortcut for launch Opera.

- Right-click for that picture (Opera browser) and if it will be .lnk/shortcut.. you able to see:

Forms about object... "Here will be patch for Opera.exe"

here you should to add -> --force-renderer-accessibility

Will be next look: "Here will be patch for Opera.exe" --force-renderer-accessibility

Save changes. OK. And try to launch.

After that.. if you launch Opera by that .lnk/shortcut... Key should be work :)

Maybe it's more common steps, than using command line. If you don't have Opera (which .lnk or shortcut, which able to edit with that steps). You able to do that by "Opera.exe" -> Send to desktop (like create .lnk-file).

--------------------------------------------------

And most important : never give up :)

View solution in original post

Aspirant

YES! Yeeeees! It's working :)

Actually I was quite close, because I copy-pasted --force-renderer-accessibility to my Opera desktop icons target line, but missed one space after ". Bugger Smiley Wink

Thank you sooo much, you are my hero :)

Now I can continue with Opera

MiNi