Key 1.6.141 on Opera 23.0 does not work

Aspirant

Key 1.6.141 on Opera 23.0 does not work

Opera may sometime stop surfing when Key is active. Site does not respond! On IE it works fine! Ctrl-F2 does not work either. When pressing Ctrl together with Enter a new window opens instead of entering the password into the field where the cursor is placed. I have to always use the "copy to clipboard" when entering passwords! I'm using latest versions of both programs. Earlier it worked somewhat but not perfect... Please help Bengt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Key 1.6.141 on Opera 23.0 does not work

Hello,

I have just buildt me a new computer running Windows 8.1 and it seems as if it works better on this one. I will be back if I get new troubles!  Smiley Happy)

5 REPLIES 5
Advocate

Try the advice in this thread and see if that helps:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Key-and-Opera/td-p/51711

Aspirant

I did as told by Ukko and clicked three times on the version number of Key and got a question about sending tecknical logs to F-secure and then I got back the four words: fluid work web toe.

I hope I will get something good of this...

Superuser

It was needed, because.. probably.. current situation can not be related with previous known trouble (which was fixed with Opera 23 and Blink-/Chrome-/Chromium-engine on latest versions);

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also I not really able to repeat current situation (total repeat, but part of things - maybe); And also.. probably here situation, which created by various troubles of system/browser and Key;

For example, here can be next things (in one feel of global situation):

-> Situation, when potentially addons for browser will be block something around Key

(Adblock Plus / Opera as example for current situation)

-> Situation, when with Key - Opera goes time to time crash with open new tab or website

(Pages not respond/stuck/freeeze as example for current situation)

-> Situation, when Blink-core browsers have strange view for Key tooltip on left-side of system-screen

(Various tool-tip journey-steps during break focus as example for current situation)

-> Situation, when potentially known fixed trouble can be back time to time

(Happened again as example for current situation)

-> Troubles around Browsers/System/CTRL+F2 and potentially shortcuts/hotkeys

(As potential reason for situation, when CTRL+F2 prevented by something - which re-edit shortcuts/hotkeys?!

Except...point with laptop, where was system-platform.. which not supported CTRL+F2 by Key;  but with Windows 7 here not worked too)

-> Troubles around "certain" website/webpage, where F-Secure Key have troubles for fill or work (because potentially here will be all OK with some of pages, but not worked with another one); Here maybe need example of this page;

-> Potentially troubles between F-Secure Key and Addons of Opera (Adblock Plus, for example) or various software (as protection - but which will be reason just for Opera) or Opera as browser;

But with my experience.. I can not to reproduce.. situation... as default.. with next view:

"Ctrl+F2" - choose entry and "entry not goes to fill" (or password by "CTRL+Enter"), but Opera goes to opened new tab/page or re-focus to another form as "Opera menu" -> which potentially can be if .... here something wrong worked by addons/plugins or specific webpage-design.

--------------------------------------------------------------

But probably previous reply with "four words" - able to create something more visible for F-Secure Key team - if there something goes wrong (certainly wrong as Key features); So sorry... for current addition words.

F-Secure

Hi bmalm! It's been some weeks since there's been activity in this thread, so I just wanted to check if you're still having this problem, or has it been solved somehow? Let us know if you still need help!
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hello,

I have just buildt me a new computer running Windows 8.1 and it seems as if it works better on this one. I will be back if I get new troubles!  Smiley Happy)