KEY takes lot of resources in Windows 10 and slows browser!

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: KEY takes lot of resources in Windows 10 and slows browser!

Hello @MisterStuart @aarneo,

Thank you for reports. Some solutions are in the testing on that topic and we are trying to provide them as soon as possible.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

If you want to do some software-specific testing, you can try to see how KEY works alongside Connectwise software http://www.connectwise.com/ (the CRM my company uses). It is pretty much unusable when KEY is running; even when autofill is turned off it's still very slow.

Aspirant

I also just wanted to take a moment to say that since LastPASS recently sold to LogMeIn there has been a MAJOR backlash of users who are looking to switch to another password manager. Currently a lot of companies that provide password management software and the space is rather crowded, but few do it well. F-Secure KEY really has a chance to seize this opportunity and fix issues with the software and make it AWESOME to attract new users. I really, REALLY want to use F-Secure KEY as my everyday password manager, but it just eats up too many resources so I am forced to go back to using LastPASS for the time being (even though I'd rather not). You all have the chance to really pick up some new users if you get things working properly. I, for one, will be telling everyone I know to switch to F-Secure KEY once all of the performance issues have been worked out, but until that happens, I cannot (with good conscience) recommend it as a good alternative to LastPASS.

Aspirant

Hi Ben. Just wanted to check in with you to see how those new solutions tests are coming along? Making any positive progress?

Cheers,

-mr. stuart

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Misterstuart,

We are already testing some solutions. But it will take time to reach production or you device. I'll try to let you know of the progress.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hi there....any update please?

Aspirant

Aspirant

Thanks for the link.....fingers crossed....I'm guessing that browser plugin is similar to others.....

Aspirant

I agree, but as long as the plugins work and the new version reduces system load, then I don't really care!  I just really want to get away from LastPASS, but I can't since it's the best solution at the moment. I have faith that KEY will be good soon. I had a thorough explanation from the developers that all of the issues are due to the Windows 10 access issues. The plugin will help I think.