cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEY takes lot of resources in Windows 10 and slows browser!

Scholar

KEY takes lot of resources in Windows 10 and slows browser!

I updated my computer to windows 10 and continued using KEY, but i got big problem after that key takes like 3-4 % of my proserssor capacity (intel i7 5820K) when it's running. It also slows my firefox a lot when i type something or click something in browser it will take 0,5 to 2s to respond depending on time. same problem is also when using chrome but delay time is bit smaller. When i kill F-secure KEY prosess everythign works fast as it should be. This problem wasn't on windows 7 or windows 8.1 what i was using before. And it has become problem for all my three desktops after upgraded to Windows 10. Problem is still there even if i make clean install and install KEY first then the problem starts. 

How iu solve this problem?  It's really anoying to open KEY everytime when i need pasword and kill it just after.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: KEY takes lot of resources in Windows 10 and slows browser!

I've been searching hours for the cause of exactly the same problem as stated above. Finally after killing process after process I've found f-secure key to be the problem.

Really disapointed by the new update. Currently I'm not able to use the software without delaying my webbrowsers ten fold.

Are there any plans to fix this. I'm a premium user, how do I get support on this?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello

@McNano are you already using the latest version 4 released recently?

@Rbbiz1 do you experience that on every browsers?

Could you try to disable autofill under Settings->General and see if problem persists?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

I had it in Chrome and FF. Turning off autofill doesn't seem to fix it

Scholar

I have been using it and also previous and both had same problem.

For me disabling that autofill from settings helped on firefox. But I haven't tested on Chrome yet.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

@Rbbiz1 can you confirm that the delays are still as important after disabling the autofill? This should resolve this type of issues.

@McNano thanks for the confirmation. The option to disable the autofill was only introduced in v4.0.102

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

It's better after the disable. Are you going to fix this issue? What function did I actually disable?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Rbbiz1,

Thank you for your feedback. The function you disabled is explained in this article.

Our development team is already working on solutions to this problem. 

Best Regards

-Ben

Aspirant

It would be great if you could fix the autofill issue with KEY so it will no longer hammer the RAM and CPU. It is a very convenient function to have and it would be nice to be able to use it. It works great on my Mac, but on my Windows machine (which I use for work), KEY with autofill enabled completely renders my CRM software pretty much useless. That is a shame. Smiley Sad

I love using KEY and have completely moved from LasPASS, but some things HAVE to be fixed in the versions to come.

Scholar

I can report this same issue. With about 3 chrome windows open, F-Secure KEY will start using around 10-15% of CPU time in Windows 10 (upgraded from 7)

Disabling autofill makes the problem go away, but of course renders the KEYs main functionality useless.