KEY does not accept master password (with scandic chars) anymore (Win 10)

Highlighted
Superuser

Re: KEY does not accept master password (with scandic chars) anymore (Win 10)

@Piiris wrote:

@Ukko You didn't happen to save Pwmgr.log before you uninstalled KEY User data? It would be really interesting to see that one.

No, since I did not suspect that it will be so unrepeatable and that my localstorage file will be "corrupted" - I did not save Pwmgr.log (with original content of upgrade and switch from good state to trouble).

In fact, I look for content of file (read some entries). My own feelings were that it is with difference compared to my previous experience; AND... suspicioun that, maybe, entire trouble is not about masterpassword itself but with certain entry / entries / stored data and inability to decrypt (handle) it and as a result... entire process is rolled back (with output as "masterpassword" is wrong). But... I tried to look for log only about five-ten seconds.

I will try to provoke such situation one time more. And if it will be possible - then I will create a reply / letter with Pwmgr.log; But, on current time, I am only with saved "corrupted" localstorage and even with inability to repeat trouble with upgrade flow.

Thanks!

F-Secure

I'm performing testing and trying to reproduce such uncoverable state. I have all the builds here available so should be possible to figure out what goes wrong and where. I'll let you know my findings and hopefully a solution for your problem.

F-Secure

@Ukko I managed to reproduce the problem you're having. If you have build 4.9.185, please install that, copy the localstorage and you should be able to open KEY with your password. Once you've opened KEY 4.9.185, please change master password not to include "special" characters (like åäö) and do the upgrade to 4.9.193. Once you have upgraded to 4.9.193, feel free to change master password to include again "special" characters.

Superuser

@Piiris wrote:

@Ukko I managed to reproduce the problem you're having. If you have build 4.9.185, please install that, copy the localstorage and you should be able to open KEY with your password. Once you've opened KEY 4.9.185, please change master password not to include "special" characters (like åäö) and do the upgrade to 4.9.193. Once you have upgraded to 4.9.193, feel free to change master password to include again "special" characters.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback and efforts!

Trouble is that build 4.9.185 installer (under my system) is replaced by fresher installer. It is only reason that I did not try to install 4.9.185 back (as it was before upgrade). Do you able to provide installer or URL (maybe via private letter)?