KEY app crashes on Android

Aspirant

KEY app crashes on Android

I've just had to reset my Samsung Galaxy Note model GT-N8010 tablet to factory settings.

I've reinstalled all the apps, including KEY. When I enter the sync code on KEY and press the connected devices button the app now crashes. It didn't used to do that.

Is the KEY app no longer compatible with my tablet?

The Android version is 4.1.2

Many pointers appeciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: KEY app crashes on Android

Hello Laksh,

I cleared the apps data, and after a couple of attempts that still crashed, the third attempt managed to sync my tablet.

Not sure what changed, but I'm sure a computer was involved somewhere.

King regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Aspirant

N.B.

The KEY app verion is 4.5.6.

The play store doesn't indicate it's not incompatible.

Community Manager

Hi MickMathers,

Just to confirm, have you tried to generate another code and do the sync again (since the sync code is valid only for 60 seconds)? Did you enter the Master password during the sync? Or did it crash before you enter the password?

What happens during the crash? Is there any error message shown? Are you able to open Key again after the crash?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hello Laksh,

I cleared the apps data, and after a couple of attempts that still crashed, the third attempt managed to sync my tablet.

Not sure what changed, but I'm sure a computer was involved somewhere.

King regards.

Community Manager

Appreciate the update about the issue and that the sync was successful, MickMathers! If you happen to see this issue again on your device(s), please let us know so that this can be investigated further.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.