I have forgotten master password for Key- how to create a new account to work with on Mac

Scholar

I have forgotten master password for Key- how to create a new account to work with on Mac

Hi,

So I have forgotten the master password. I am useing Mac 10.9.1. How can I create a new account to Key to work with? Reinstallation isn't enough. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: I have forgotten master password for Key- how to create a new account to work with on Mac

Thats fine, So am I.

So lessee:

1)  open terminal (click launchpad -> other -> terminal did it for me)

The terminal should open into your homedirectory, you can verify this by typing:

pwd

It should display /Users/WhateverYourUserNameIsHere

then type: (capitalization is important here)

cd Library/"Application Support"/F-secure and hit enter 

ls -sl will show you the contents of this directory if you want to see, oherwise just remove the directory with:

rm -rf Pwmgr/

Then you can re-install the application from https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_mac.dmg for instance.

Btw the mac I tried this on was running OS X 10.8.5, but something similar should work on newer ones as well

++lauri

4 REPLIES 4
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: I have forgotten master password for Key- how to create a new account to work with on Mac

Hello,

You could try to uninstall it, then go delete the following directory:

/Users/yourUsernameHere/Library/Application Support/F-secure/Pwmgr

Then reinstalling should have a fresh storage. 

Let me know how it went.

++lauri

Scholar

Ok. Can you please give me step by step instructions how to delete that directory? I am a beginner with Mac.

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Thats fine, So am I.

So lessee:

1)  open terminal (click launchpad -> other -> terminal did it for me)

The terminal should open into your homedirectory, you can verify this by typing:

pwd

It should display /Users/WhateverYourUserNameIsHere

then type: (capitalization is important here)

cd Library/"Application Support"/F-secure and hit enter 

ls -sl will show you the contents of this directory if you want to see, oherwise just remove the directory with:

rm -rf Pwmgr/

Then you can re-install the application from https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_mac.dmg for instance.

Btw the mac I tried this on was running OS X 10.8.5, but something similar should work on newer ones as well

++lauri

Scholar

Thanks! Now it seems to work.