I can't log in to the F-Secure Key

Superuser

Re: I can't log in to the F-Secure Key

Yes, it's probably logical.

But how... I wrote previously... current situation not repeating with my Windows-systems (it's not official supported platforms for F-Secure Key - Vista/XP some editions;   supported - and Windows 8/8.1); I trying also to "provoke" that.... but without results. Always... without current trouble (loaded nice and without blank-page, but I can not to check your screenshot yet - it's "pre-moderated");

Just because... I indeed do not love Windows 7 like OS - I can not understand... what kind of problems here can be for creating that situation (and can not to check my experience with Windows 7);

About your points for Key - it's close to true, but... need to say - that probably it's can not be something better - than F-Secure Key in current time. But... "can not be" - if you need something in that kind of software.

What about "passwords" - I prefer to use any same software.. just with "part of my passwords" (If it's possible - did not use "full" passwords/data for storage in any places, which can be with troubles); It's some kind of helpful too :) ; But F-Secure Key.. close to best. Especially about protection user-data (any default-things, which have anyone... and some other, which just by Key and also nice).

If "reason" for trouble will be "found" and it's not give for you any new reasons about your current steps - maybe you will try use Key again. :)

Aspirant

What is odd is that there were two of us that experienced the same problem, me and Wille. I would not be surprised if there were more people or if more people experience the problem in the near future. 

I did not know that the screenshot I posted cannot be seen - I can of course see it, but no message about pre-moderation was shown to me. The execution of F-Secure Key did not hang, the login screen simply contains no text, no fields, no button. All that is there is the "Protecting the irreplaceable" text at the bottom, and the key images on the background.

Highlighted
Superuser

It's indeed strange about just two people (yet) and happened:

- Close to one time happened (or detected) ;

- Same OS - Windows 7;

And I can not to understand :) why it's can be - because looks that something not "locally";

About picture  - maybe I wrong called that about "pre-moderation" - just it's not visible for me and maybe for any other users (except - adminstrations/moderators; and of course you can to see that like owner); And thanks for description about screenshot;

Indeed... strange situation... close to "something blocking somewhat" or "broken installation"; But it's happened just after launch system-autorun? What if... just close Key (not kill) and launch again - trouble stay?

Anyway.. probably it's not related with any troubles about your passwords/data. Especially in step before "master-passwords" added (all data encrypted; and after that - will be decrypted just on access.... anyway);

If be honestly I did not use any AdBlock/NoScript.... and do not know how it works about applications (if it works) - can be a some kind of that reason (if it's create a "hidden" buttons/forms about login);  And, of course, if you and (Wille) use that.

But strange... that happened today... and potentially without "changes" in any other software;

Probably F-Secure Key can not "changed" automatically too;

Will be good - if F-Secure Key team answered here. And good - if it's happened soon.

Just because probably here need answer by any developers-people or any other... who work with Qt5 (like example) - maybe it's popular trouble..

Aspirant

FYI: I just rebooted my system, the problem did not repeat.

Former F-Secure Employee

As found out in this thread, restarting the process apparently fixes this. Could you please let us know the KEY version number you're running? We're working on improvements and likely they provide fix for this as well. As reproducing the problem is not possible on every system, we'd need to know what version is having this problem.

Aspirant

My version number is 1.4.158

Aspirant

My version number is 1.5.144
And I still have to kill the F-Secure Key process every time I start the computer

Former F-Secure Employee

There was many Community threads around this topic. Please check this thread:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Cannot-login-master-password/td-p/50083

for the latest update. Could you also follow up any further discussion in that thread?

-Juha