I can't log in to the F-Secure Key

Aspirant

I can't log in to the F-Secure Key

I just get a blank page when I try to log into the F-secure key.
If I reinstall F-Secure Key it works until I turn off the computer. When I then turn on the computer the loginpage is blank. How can I get the program to work properly? Any suggestions?
(Windows 7)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: I can't log in to the F-Secure Key

This problem occurred to me today as well. Try killing the F-Secure Key process (go to Task Manager -> Processes, stop the fskey.exe process) and then restarting the application. Worked for me.

17 REPLIES 17
Aspirant

This problem occurred to me today as well. Try killing the F-Secure Key process (go to Task Manager -> Processes, stop the fskey.exe process) and then restarting the application. Worked for me.

Aspirant

Great! It works fine! Thank You very much!

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for question - does it's mean that "one-time" task-kill for Key-process by Task Manager... and already all next any "launch-try" (after restart system and etc.) are work nice?

Or "problem" still stay after that and just need to fix each time by "kill process"?

On my systems (some - but not Windows 7) without that trouble.. (yet).

Aspirant

What worked for me was killing the process and restarting the application. No reboot was necessary.

Superuser

Thanks.

But does you mean during one session (and next session.. need to repeat current steps "killing/restarting")? Or it's totally fixed trouble in your situation?

With Key - I without that situation yet (but I do not use Windows 7).

Highlighted
Aspirant

I do not know, as I have not yet logged out of the session where the problem occurred. So far, this problem has occurred only once for me (earlier today).

Aspirant

I made a test and you have to kill the F-Secure Key process every time you turn on the computer.

Superuser

Probably... if it's related with "repeating";

Maybe you have something else (except Windows 7), which can be a reason for trouble?

For example, EMET or MBAM Anti-exploit? Some protection-software?

If it's just happened today (or recently) - maybe it's related with any updates for any other software?

If it's something protection - it's can be a "injection" for Key-process... which create that strange situation. But I not sure... that just "killing process" can to "fix that (but if it's protection software... it's can be one-time checking/injection during session);

For F-Secure AV/IS it's can be DeepGuard - you can to check DeepGuard storage (Application permissions) on Computer Security/Tools part; Maybe here have "fskey.exe" with automatic-allowed status.  And that create a some kind "real-time checking for execution/launch" - which create that "trouble";  During kill process it's some kind of "fix" (?);

Maybe it's not related with that strange suggestion :)

Same situation I met with any software and programs like EMET and protection-software, when "process under protection" can be a "suspicious" for another protection-software. :) and execution "hooked"

Aspirant

Could be. As far as I know, there were no updates to any software before this problem occurred.

DeepGuard did not indicate the fskey.exe among the processes.

Anyway, this product is now on its way out of my computer. This kind of a bug is unforgivable. I can solve these kind of problems (but do not want to), but an average home user, like my 80-year-old dad probably cannot.

And I can imagine the trouble that would happen if someone actually stopped committing passwords to memory, only to have a thing like this happen and no remedy available. For me, F-Secure Key was just a tool of copy-paste convenience anyway, as I would never trust a piece of software to manage my passwords. No, committing them to memory is the way.