How to re-subscribe?

Highlighted
Scholar

How to re-subscribe?

I was subscribed to the service for several months but then my credit card expired and I didn't remember to update card details in Google Play before my Key subscription was canceled. Now, how do I enable the subscription again? My every client has Generate Code button available as if I was still subscribed. Also I cannot find the subscription anywhere in Google Play.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: How to re-subscribe?

Hi,

We published a new version which should fix the problem. Could you please try it out?

You can verify that you have the fixed version (1.5.147) by checking the "About" page in Key. If your device has not automatically updated Key, you can update it in Google Play.

15 REPLIES 15
Supporter

Hi zeta,

If you purchased your subscription in Google Play you should be able to find it again there. Doesn't it come up with anything when going to Google Play and search for "F-Secure Key" there?

Scholar

Hi Bayani,

Actually I purchased the subscription as in-app purchase on my Android phone. And no, I cannot find anything related to subscription from Google Play (apart from the remark on payment history that the subscription has been canceled).

TL
Scholar

Hi, I have the same problem (HTC One, Android). Any solution available? Cannot sync my passwords to another device without premium subscription.
Supporter

I see. I will look into it and get back to you as soon as I can.

Supporter

Just received a response from our technicians. They are currently looking into it, hopefully they will reach a solution soon. Will keep you posted.

Scholar

Ok, thanks for the heads-up!

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

We published a new version which should fix the problem. Could you please try it out?

You can verify that you have the fixed version (1.5.147) by checking the "About" page in Key. If your device has not automatically updated Key, you can update it in Google Play.

TL
Scholar

It works now! Thank you!

Scholar

Hi Timo_V,

After I saw that Key had been updated on my mobile I immediately checked Generate synchronization code -menu and instead of 'Generate now' it now had 'Power up sync' -button and I was able to renew my subscription!!

However to get the sync working on my PC again, I had to uninstall my user data and sync again. Not a big issue though.

Thanks for the update! I'm happily subscribed again :)