Fsecure KEY seems to be interfering with system performance

Aspirant

Fsecure KEY seems to be interfering with system performance

Hello there,

I have searched this issue over the forum, but could not find a resolution that would work for me. I have FSecure Key on premium account, using Windows 10.

I have noticed a  slow behavior from my computer since I updated it from Windows 8.1; this issue also happened a few times in the late OS, but it's a recurrent problem in Windows 10.

I can easily check on Task Manager that fskey.exe keeps using CPU time when I use a program, like a web browser; I could also notice that the process COM Surrogate from the OS uses a certain amout of CPU time also, apparently only if fskey.exe is working.

When i finish the fskey.exe process, the system seems to handle just fine.

Is there any issue related to this description?

I have already uninstalled and installed again FSecure, using the uninstall tool and the version provided on the FSecure site; I have not noticed any effects.

With my best regards,

Michel 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Jhx
Aspirant

Re: Fsecure KEY seems to be interfering with system performance

Same here. Today I noticed the latest version of KEY is constantly using 3-8% of CPU time, even if I have no browser windows open. While my computer is on idle, it's the number one CPU process on Task Manager (Win 8.1).

Executive Member

Same kind of a situation here also,fskey + windows 10,fskey.exe(32 bit) + COM Surrogate processes hugging 50% of Cpu time after startup,quitting fskey resolves the situation.Willing to run and send fsdiag-file of the issue,unsure WHERE to send it(Consumer Product Support)
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello,

This is a known issue that got more visible with Win10. Our development team is working on it.

The high CPU usage is caused by the autofill feature. It should be replaced by browser plugins with more advanced features in the future versions. This  should be very much lighter for the CPU.

This update should be coming by the end of the year.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Ben,

thanks for replying.

I could understand that this is an already known issue, with broader impact on Windows 10; I also could understand that a permanent fix for it, would come by the end of this year.

Even though, I would like to ask and to suggest a small resolution, that would be attractive for us, users, while patiently waiting for the final solution: to be able to shutdown the autofill feature.

I guess that could be a simple way of moving ourselves around the problem, while not disturbing the company's work flow.

What could you say about this suggestion?

With my best regards,

Michel J. Grando

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi,

Our developers are trying to deliver a fix as soon as possible. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Novice

Hi - any updates on this now that year end is coming closer..

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Phakkinen,

You should be able to disable autofill under Settings>General and "enable autofill" by unchecking the check-box, if you have a version more recent than version 4.0.102, 

Sorry for not informing you earlier. Our development is also working on an improved way to handle the autofill functionality in the future.

Best Regards

-Ben

Aspirant

Ben, thank you for attending to our request.

This small feature has made our lifes easier.

With my best regards,

Michel J. Grando

Scholar

1) I use version ios9.1,fs-key 4.02(finnish),there's no 'disable autofill option' available at settings>

2) somehow my community account(nickname JOnes) was 'disabled' as well,had to renew it(JOnes2)