Folders to KEY passwords

Highlighted
Scholar

Folders to KEY passwords

It would be easy to implement folders to sort login information into single level folders! I wonder why there is no such thing in first place anyway in KEY product.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Folders to KEY passwords

Hello @JRock1,

With F-secure KEY, all the data is encrypted, and the only way to access it is with your Master Password. Not even F-Secure can access your data. Furthermore, the service is anonymous, which means that there is no way for anyone else to link you to your data. There is no web browser access to your data, so nobody can access it without stealing your device first.

On Windows and Mac versions of KEY, you can export your saved password data to use as a backup. Click here.

Anyhow, we have a feature request page available for our customer's, we would suggests you to leave your idea for new feature for the F-secure KEY directely. By doing so, other members from the community can see your idea and vote for you if they like it. Top voted ideas are shared with product teams, to help F-secure  the features that customers ask for.

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/Idea_Exchange/label-name/key

Superuser

Re: Folders to KEY passwords

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just like addition to discussion:

Such feature is requested already with some forms and feature requests. So, possible to vote it (rather than to create another one).

Direct feature requests:

Part of many feature requests:

But sounds that you already voted (and saw) it. So, I think that

It would be easy to implement folders to sort login information into single level folders! I wonder why there is no such thing in first place anyway in KEY product.

current design is limitation of already chosen structure. And, as result, to implement folders is tricky.

Or it is too tricky to support both realizations (with current and with folders).

For example, I feel that folders (or so) is good feature - but I think that I do not want to use it (as my own choice). Or better to say - it can be not so useful for common and often use.

I prefer to use 'tags' if I want to sort out entries. When I create entry/add entry to F-Secure KEY - I decided to choose name like "TAG - name of entry".

As result, entries are sorted by tags. And if I want to check only certain category - possible to search for such tag (to use Search bar under F-Secure KEY UI) and to use filtered results.

But it is only my own feedback and just as discussion about.

Thanks!