cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox font size

Firefox font size

I've looked everywhere to find the reason why in Firefox Quantum suddenly the Gmail interface was displaying a tiny font. Only the Gmail interface had this problem, that I know off. Other sites were working properly.

Update 22 August: almost all sites have the problem: Google, webmail clients etc. [Topic subject adjusted]

After a online search I found nothing usefull. It's not a zoom issue, I repeat not a zoom issue.

I started checking my addons one by one. Simply disabeling the F-Secure KEY addon for Firefox restored the font to normal. Turning the addon back on made the Gmail interface font unreadable again.

Is this a known issue and if yes what is the eta for a update/fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: Firefox font size

Hi all,

New add-on for Firefox, version number 1.3.4, was released couple of hours ago. It should have this problem fixed.

Please let us know if this problem continues to happen.

5 REPLIES
Highlighted

I've now also noticed the problem in a different webmail client and search engines. So not just limited to Gmail.

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just as my own feedback:

-> situation is not pinned even for Firefox too.

Probably such 'trouble' is valid for Google Chrome too. For example, I repeated trouble(?!) with Google Mail font-size under Google Chrome.

And it is visible that even with HTML-mode of Google Mail -> there are differences with view of page (kind of full-size of window rather than some borders around as with disabled KEY addon).

I think that something is added by F-Secure KEY extension(or feature of webkit browsers) as additional 'content' to page and it will break certain size of some elements. As result, pages where used something like percent-size (some percent of some element size) feature are potentially with 'changed' view (and it can be trouble view); or any other strange explanations for changes with view.

Maybe it is good to contact their official F-Secure Support Channel (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Thanks!

Community Manager

Hi Rbbiz1,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the font size when it happens?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
F-Secure

Hi all,

New add-on for Firefox, version number 1.3.4, was released couple of hours ago. It should have this problem fixed.

Please let us know if this problem continues to happen.

Fixed! Thank you!