Failed hard drive can FKey still be accessed?

SMH
Scholar

Failed hard drive can FKey still be accessed?

After a power outtage my computer's hard drive will not boot and it having to be replaced. Is there any possibility if I hook it up externally to access any documents I was working on, that I can also access the passwords in the F Secure key? It was only for my desktop and not synched with any other device nor a subscription.

Thank you for any suggestions offered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: Failed hard drive can FKey still be accessed?

@SMH wrote:

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately the hard drive is completely dead but I will keep your suggestion on file for the next time this happens.

The best option would be using Premium version, in this case (if you have connected devices) you may easily restore your password collection.

4 REPLIES 4
F-Secure

If you have free version, you may try these steps:
- Copy a whole folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\F-Secure\Pwmgr from your failing hard drive
- Download and install KEY to another PC
- Replace existing folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\F-Secure\Pwmgr with the one you have saved previously

SMH
Scholar

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately the hard drive is completely dead but I will keep your suggestion on file for the next time this happens.

F-Secure

@SMH wrote:

The best option would be using Premium version, in this case (if you have connected devices) you may easily restore your password collection.

SMH
Scholar

Thank you