F-secure Key claims about expired subscription - "automatic" reneval of Premium

Former F-Secure Employee

Re: F-secure Key claims about expired subscription - "automatic" reneval of Premium

Hi SergeiStPete,

Thank you for the logs. We will investigate the problem.

Timo

Former F-Secure Employee

Re: F-secure Key claims about expired subscription - "automatic" reneval of Premium

SergeiStPete: One question, did you purchase Key premium using a credit card or did you enter a free 3 month voucher during the purchase? If you used a free voucher and your credit card has not been charged anything yet, you will need to repurchase with your credit card.

Aspirant

I see, thank you. Yes, that is voucher subscription. The only question then is how to cancel it since the subscription is with "auto renewing" option. My understanding was after voucher period expires money will be withdrawn from the card shifting on "normal" subscription. Or "auto renewing" means nothing in this case?

Former F-Secure Employee

The Premium subscription will not renew automatically if you have entered a voucher. Unfortunately, this is not explained very well during the purchase process and we need improve the instructions in the future versions.

But basically, if you want to continue using Premium so that your devices will continue synchronizing passwords with each other, you need to purchase Key on one of your connected devices. After the purchase the "Subscription expired" nagging will go away automatically and everything will continue working in Premium mode.

Or, if you don't want to continue your Premium subscription you don't need to do anything. The synchronization between your devices will continue working for a few more weeks and during that time you will see the "Subscription expired" message. After that, the message will not appear anymore and your devices will continue working independently in Free mode, without sync. All your passwords will still remain in all your devices.

I hope this explains it and hopefully you will stay with us as a Premium user!

Aspirant

Thank you Timo_V, i'll subscribe again.

Aspirant

I'm having the same issue as SergeiStPete, so I need to purchase Key. I have to say that this 'feature' is very poorly documented, and also, it's kind of hard to find where to place the order. Can't find any buy or purchase button on page https://www.f-secure.com/fi_FI/web/home_fi/key , there's only links for free download. I'm using the winpc version and would like to place the order for premium, but how?

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply, but it's should be available under F-Secure Key interface on current time (for desktops).

But it's probably can be situation... that if you have experience about activation for voucher... maybe place for new voucher can be dropped.

With common steps... purchase premium version of fresh installation F-Secure Key can be with next steps:

-> Connect devices -> under "Generate new sync-code" should be  Button for purchase with two variants (different number of months). With current button - will be opened page about process for getting premium-version.

After that maybe need to use "voucher/key" and add it as "voucher" (?!). Or maybe it goes be as automatic-process now. Not sure about desktop-platform. But if there goes be dropped "Add/enter premium voucher / voucher"-button (under Help part of Key-interface) after first using it.. there can be something wrong maybe. And current common steps will be not really helpful.

Aspirant

Hey, I found it! It was hidden behind Connect devices > Generate Synchronization Code  -button. Paid with my card and now I'm premium again.

Thanks Ukko =)

Scholar

reneval of Premium seem not to work - shoul I wait or re-subscribe ?

I had a problem with reneval of my 3-mths subscroption (originally placed may 2014) in Aug.2014. After some changes made by F-secure the reneval worked as expected in Nov 2014 and Feb 2015 but seem to have stopped again in May 2015. Key-software is now running in "free"-mode, however the synchronisation seem to be active. I do not feel confident - should I place another premium subscription, or wait for the "automatic" renewal (how long time), or remain uncertain with the behaviour of the software (or forget the whole thing)?

Aspirant

Re: reneval of Premium seem not to work - shoul I wait or re-subscribe ?

I've been having exactly the same problem since the last update (OS X version). The synchronisation is still active, even if I have not received any email confirmation of renewed subscription (It should have been made a few days ago) and the app is running in free mode.