F-secure Key claims about expired subscription - "automatic" reneval of Premium

Highlighted
Scholar

F-secure Key claims about expired subscription - "automatic" reneval of Premium

I have made (in May) a 3 moths Premium subscription with automatic reneval for F-secure Key.

Now F-secure Key started to inform that the subscritpion has expired and shall be extended. When I press the "OK", nothing happens except the window closes.

Question: what to do to get the "automatic" extension & reneval to work & continue?

(F-secure Key version 1.6.141 with Win 8.1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: F-secure Key claims about expired subscription - "automatic" reneval of Premium

helamake, slucian,

The problem should now be fixed. Can you please restart your Key and see if you still get the subscription expired message.

34 REPLIES 34
Aspirant

Re: F-secure Key claims about expired subscription - "automatic" reneval of Premium

I have the similar problem though I started my 3 months period on 23rd of June. My subscription should be still active till 23rd of September.

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Could you please send us logs to help investigate the problem:

1. Open About view in KEY app.

2. Click the version number several times in a row. It should open the Support view.

3. Click Send.

4. Attach here the four words it gives you.

Scholar

The four words are: car toe needle market

Former F-Secure Employee

Did you receive a voucher for 3 months of free Key use and entered it when you made the purchase? In this case the subscription would not renew automatically and you would need purchase the subscription again.

If not we will continue investigating why the subscription has not renewed automatically.

Aspirant

Four words: book bedroom space noise

My supscription is 3 months free but it is only 2 months from the start.

Scholar

Sorry, I do not remember exactly the "registration" process of Key, nor any vouchers. In my files I have only an e-mail message from F-Secure <store.f-secure@asknet.com> with a headline "F-Secure International Online Shop - Tilausvahvistus #30XXXXXXXX". In the body text there is the following wording: Määrä Tuote Hinta ________________________________________ 1 F-Secure Key Premium -tilaus Synkronointi - 3 kuukautta (automaattinen uusinta) Mac OS X, Windows 7, Windows 8 # 12XXXXXXX Tilaus €4,49 Maybe it is worth mentioning, that in the same message there is information about "own account" / "oma tili", which information I have not been able to use (where is that tili located?). Further "asiakaspalvelu FAQ"-address does not exist and "Tekninen tuki" refers to F-secure technical support, which is not able/willing to give any assistance to "Key". Too much confusion! If Ï make a new subscription, how to be sure that the same existing subscription continues (with my previous data) and I will not be a new subscriber?? And further, how to make the subscrition, as I cannot find such "option" in the "Key"-software. Feeling very uncomfortable with this software. MH

EDIT: REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Matti123,

We found a problem in our server and we will most likely get it fixed during next week. The problem should go away automatically without you having to do anything. Unfortunately it will nag about the expired subscription until then.

Thank you for reporting this to us!

Aspirant

Hi. I've exactly the same problem on the Mac OS application. Waiting for the fix.

Former F-Secure Employee

Matti123, we fixed a bug in our backend that we suspect was the cause of your problem. Did it help or are you still experiencing the problem?

slucian, do you have the same problem as Matti123 (free 3 month subscription ended too early) or the problem that helamake has (subscription bought with a desktop client doesn't renew automatically)?