F-Secure Keys are not syncing

Novice

F-Secure Keys are not syncing

I am a yearly subscription and I have 3 devices where I sync my F-Secure keys.  Just this morning (2014-10-01), I generated keys form my home device, which I checked 2 hours later at work but those keys were not synced.  Also, the mobile device does not have the synchronized keys either.  It seems things are completely un-synchronized at this point.

What do I need to do?  I restarted my app on my devices and restarted my phone, but didn't see any result.  I had a suspicsion that it has been going on for a while, but never had a chance to validate before.  Today, when I needed it the most, I found out that sync is not working.

I need a solution fast.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Manager

Re: F-Secure Keys are not syncing

Thank you all for this feedback! It is highly valuable to us in the KEY development team.

We have today released a new Android version of KEY to Google Play and it should become available in all GP servers globally shortly. There's a number of improvents to the synchronization functionality and reliability. Please ensure you install this 2.1.2 version when available in your Android device. We have also pushed a new  iOS version 2.0.37 of KEY to the Apple iTunes approval process and it usually takes about two weeks for them to approve a new release. Please also ensure that you are using the latest Windows or Mac OS X version of KEY (2.0.129).

Thanks & please do keep the feedback and feature ideas coming!

Harri Kiljander

F-Secure

5 REPLIES 5
Scholar

I had the same issue a while ago. For me, generating a new sync code on the phone and entering it on the PC made the trick.

Not sure what cause my devices to loose sync either, but it could have been a master key change. Anyway, after re-entering those codes, passwords were synchronised again from all devices.

Scholar

That maybe a good solution, but my situation was -- I had to factory reset my phone, which means I had to connect the phone from my macbook.  So I thought I had to generate the key in macbook and then connect my phone with it.  Or, that's what I did.  Then, I connected my work machine from my phone.  At the end of the day, I see ... my home computer has keys that my phone didn't get, and now my work computer has some keys that neither my phone or home computer has.

I guess I am screwed basically.  I have to go through every single key on every single machine to see which ones I am missing and where.  What's the point in paying a subscription fee if the simple syncing can't be done?   Not sure.   At this point I am looking into other product.

Khan
Scholar

I have had F-secure on my PC for some weeks

Now installed on my phone with premium paid for one year

I generate a key on the phone and then type it in on the PC

The PC says cannot contact server, but also says Synced    WTF

Nothing coming through on the Phone

Highlighted
Aspirant

I have similar problem. Bought Premium from iPhone recently, passwds sync OK to Windows client, but not to Android. Passwds stored to Win & Android do sync to all clients, but iOS passwds only sync to Windows.

I've reinstalled iOS & Android clients, changed master passwd, paired Android to iOS again after syncing iOS with Win, but didn't get iOS made passwds back to Android client.

Nexus 7 (2012), Android 4.4.4 (not rooted) with all updates, Key 2.0.16

Win 7 SP1, 64 bit, Key 1.6.144

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0.2 (not jailbroken), Key 2.0.36

F-Secure Product Manager

Thank you all for this feedback! It is highly valuable to us in the KEY development team.

We have today released a new Android version of KEY to Google Play and it should become available in all GP servers globally shortly. There's a number of improvents to the synchronization functionality and reliability. Please ensure you install this 2.1.2 version when available in your Android device. We have also pushed a new  iOS version 2.0.37 of KEY to the Apple iTunes approval process and it usually takes about two weeks for them to approve a new release. Please also ensure that you are using the latest Windows or Mac OS X version of KEY (2.0.129).

Thanks & please do keep the feedback and feature ideas coming!

Harri Kiljander

F-Secure