F-Secure Key with import problem of the CSV file

Aspirant

F-Secure Key with import problem of the CSV file

Hello,

i will import the passwords from Dashlane to F-Secure Key. I save the Dashlane file on the PC like the informations on the F-Secure website. But F-Secure Key give me the message ,, The file you select can`t be open..." The translation by the message is maybe not 100% in 1:1 from german to english. I hope you understand the problem i have and can help me.

Regards 

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: F-Secure Key with import problem of the CSV file

Hello Ukko,

we had already written together. You once helped me with a question about mobile security!

F-Secure Key did not fill in all the webpage fields. It was not the fault of the F-Secure Key software! The data must be stored very accurately in the CSV file and the settings must be correct e.g. Comma etc .. When I changed the settings in the CSV, everything was imported very well!

Regards

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Hello Mike-G,

As mentioned in this article, CSV is one of the supported file formats with KEY. Could you please try to save the CSV file again from Dashlane and retry importing it? May I know in which device are you trying to import it in KEY?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hello Laksh,

thank you for your answer! I`m using Windows 10 on my Notebook. I never had problems with a F-Secure software before, i think it is not a mistake by the F-Secure software ,,F-Secure Key," i think i make a mistake. I save the file and when i will open it, Key say the ,,The content of the file, can not import...". The same when i will do it with the ,,Automatic file detection" instead of ,,Dashlane CSV". I can not import/open the file when i save the file as XLS too. Maybe i use the wrong program to save and open? I am using the PlanMaker by SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018. It is not a Microsoft product but have the compatibility.

Regards 

Mike

Aspirant

Hello,

it was my mistake! The program with which i had saved the csv was wrongly set. After the change, F-Secure Key import the file without problems!

Regards 

Mike

Superuser

@Mike-G wrote:

Hello,

it was my mistake! The program with which i had saved the csv was wrongly set. After the change, F-Secure Key import the file without problems!

Regards 

Mike

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I thought that I created a reply under your topic - but it is not visible for me (or maybe it was not?! at all).

Anyway, my reply was about experience that imported data was invalid (for example, mail address start be 'password'). I did small check based on your topic and I did use only default settings for both software (and likely that small manual additions should fix it).

Did you check result of import? All entries with good state? Just interesting only.

Thanks!

Aspirant

Hello Ukko,

we had already written together. You once helped me with a question about mobile security!

F-Secure Key did not fill in all the webpage fields. It was not the fault of the F-Secure Key software! The data must be stored very accurately in the CSV file and the settings must be correct e.g. Comma etc .. When I changed the settings in the CSV, everything was imported very well!

Regards

Mike

Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed post, Mike-G! Glad to know you were able to identify the issue and import the CSV file successfully.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.