F-Secure Key prompting dozens of .msi updates [Windows 10]

Highlighted
Aspirant

F-Secure Key prompting dozens of .msi updates [Windows 10]

Hello,

Opening Key on Windows 10 prompts me to update the software, however when I do so, I am asked to install an .msi file. Once logged back into the program after successful installation, I am prompted yet again to install a different .msi file. This has happened at least 50 times now. Is this a mistake? It is very annoying.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: F-Secure Key prompting dozens of .msi updates [Windows 10]

I resolved the issue by using this Microsoft program. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Hi Nisten,

May I know the version of Key currently installed on your computer? Do you have a screenshot of the prompt which you can share here?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Version 4.3.134

Each prompt is for a different .msi file.

Community Manager

Hi Nisten,

The version of Key mentioned seems to be an older version.  Could you try to manually download the latest version of Key from the download location and reinstall it? Let us know if it helps.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Community Manager

Hi Nisten,

Did the installation of the new version resolve the issue? I am just doing a follow up to see if you had any luck with this.

Aspirant

Unfortunately not, I am presented this when attempting to install from the standalone download from F-Secure Key's website:

The only recent change to my computer has been an upgrade to Windows 10.

Aspirant

I resolved the issue by using this Microsoft program. Thank you.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Nisten, 

Thank you for sharing the solution to help the others.

Best Regards

-Ben