cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Key lock/logout on Android doesn't work

Highlighted
Aspirant

F-Secure Key lock/logout on Android doesn't work

How I can lock/logout F-Secure Key on Android? Perhaps Key was updated to some "improved" version since I briefly noticed text save password on this device or similar text when I quickly logged in to F-Secure Key. It seemed to be auto-selected. There is no option to lock Key anymore. I restarted phone and Key opens without password so there is no security at all.

How I can lock the Key app again? I have the setting on for Lock after -> Immediately in Key app. But it doesn't lock the Key. F-Secure should test these new features before publishing them. There should be possibility to use login password and not to force the user to use Key without password if it is once selected by mistake or by choice.

Key version is 4.9.1

Android version is 7.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: F-Secure Key lock/logout on Android doesn't work

Hello,

// later edited: wording / mistakes.

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

My device is Android 9; F-Secure KEY installation is 4.9.2 (perhaps, it is beta). But my experience is not changed since previous builds.

There is no option to lock Key anymore. I restarted phone and Key opens without password so there is no security at all.

My installation with "lock" button. Does it possible to doublecheck with your experience:

-- open left-side menu (to use swipe).

-- if "Lock"-option is not visible; scroll down (to use swipe).

With my experience - menu with next items: Passwords | Subscription | Connect devices | Notifications about breaches | Settings | Help | F-Secure Apps | Lock

When I choose "Lock" - KEY is locked.

In general, it is also works by chosen "option" under Settings for lock after "time".

I did not use "remember masterpassword on this device". Each time when I unlock (login into) KEY - there is a checkbox with option to remember masterpassword on this device. I keep it "unchoosen".

Maybe your experience is about such state and it is works as overwrite for "lock after"-option.

Thus, good to start from ability to "lock" KEY from menu. And then check if it is possible to login / unlock and do not choose "remember masterpassword on this device".

If it is not a workaround. Then, maybe good to try change masterpassword and check whether it is still "remembered" after it. Anyway, good if you will back with feedback about.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser

Hello,

// later edited: wording / mistakes.

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

My device is Android 9; F-Secure KEY installation is 4.9.2 (perhaps, it is beta). But my experience is not changed since previous builds.

There is no option to lock Key anymore. I restarted phone and Key opens without password so there is no security at all.

My installation with "lock" button. Does it possible to doublecheck with your experience:

-- open left-side menu (to use swipe).

-- if "Lock"-option is not visible; scroll down (to use swipe).

With my experience - menu with next items: Passwords | Subscription | Connect devices | Notifications about breaches | Settings | Help | F-Secure Apps | Lock

When I choose "Lock" - KEY is locked.

In general, it is also works by chosen "option" under Settings for lock after "time".

I did not use "remember masterpassword on this device". Each time when I unlock (login into) KEY - there is a checkbox with option to remember masterpassword on this device. I keep it "unchoosen".

Maybe your experience is about such state and it is works as overwrite for "lock after"-option.

Thus, good to start from ability to "lock" KEY from menu. And then check if it is possible to login / unlock and do not choose "remember masterpassword on this device".

If it is not a workaround. Then, maybe good to try change masterpassword and check whether it is still "remembered" after it. Anyway, good if you will back with feedback about.

Thanks!

Aspirant

Thanks Ukko. This fix was way too easy :) I tried all the settings yesterday etc. but didn't swipe.

I only had to swipe up on the menu on the left side in Key app. After this the lock option came visible.

Now Key can be locked again.

Superuser

@Viper99 wrote:

Thanks Ukko. This fix was way too easy :) I tried all the settings yesterday etc. but didn't swipe.

I only had to swipe up on the menu on the left side in Key app. After this the lock option came visible.

Now Key can be locked again.

Hello,

Good that it was helpful! :)

And sorry for my English.