F-Secure Key in Windows 7 & 10 has become completely unusable - way too much CPU hogging

Scholar

F-Secure Key in Windows 7 & 10 has become completely unusable - way too much CPU hogging

I'm using the F-Secure Key in Windows 7 (work PC provided by my company) and Windows 10 (home PC, a new HP computer). With the latest F-Secure Key update, it takes 10-20 seconds in two computers to respond to any activity while F-Secure Key window has been opened. Windows Task Manager shows over 30% of CPU hog for F-Secure Key Password Manager and most common view I see for the F-Secure Key window is "(Not Responding)". 

This is seen for several hours when using the computer all the time and only when leaving the computer untouched for half an hour or so, seems to solve the CPU hog - until the PC is rebooted (like the next day in my work PC).

This F-Secure Key has become completely useless program and must be killed from the Task Manager to have a working PC altogether, until I have something like a lunch break in my daily work day. 

I'm a paying customer for F-Secure Key and this is the worst update I've ever seen in ANY program since the 1980's!

Fix this issue ASAP, please! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: F-Secure Key in Windows 7 & 10 has become completely unusable - way too much CPU hogging

Hi 3ZA,

Since you also have an Android device, kindly make sure it has the recent version of Key installed.

Once you devices are up to date, edit or create a new entry on android so that the devices would sync. 

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
5 REPLIES 5
F-Secure

Re: F-Secure Key in Windows 7 & 10 has become completely unusable - way too much CPU hogging

Hi JuhaR,

I do understand the inconvenience you’ve faced due to this issue. I have informed our support agent regarding this and we are currently checking on this issue too. We will get back to via the support ticket that you have created. Please communicate with us through the support ticket and thank you so much for your understanding towards this issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards

-Chameni

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know
3ZA
Aspirant

I have the same issue with Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops. F-Secure key 4.3.130 takes approx 10 seconds to respond any keystrike and Task Manager shows 35-40% CPU usage. Key has been useless for me couple of weeks now and want some compensation of the time it has been useless. I have 1 year subscription and couple of weeks F-Secure Key has been useseless...
Community Manager

Hi 3ZA,

May I know if you have any other device with Key installed apart from the Windows devices?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
3ZA
Aspirant

Yes. I have also an Android device with Key installed.

I have also a need for a Windows phone installation, but unfortunately there is no Windows Phone version available.

Community Manager

Hi 3ZA,

Since you also have an Android device, kindly make sure it has the recent version of Key installed.

Once you devices are up to date, edit or create a new entry on android so that the devices would sync.