cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Key extremely slow

Aspirant

Re: F-Secure Key extremely slow

...and after x.119 no help, so i tryed reinstal software. Now it tells me i have no space for sync... i could use my passwords on pc's thanks Smiley Tongue

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

could you try to download the latest android and desktops versions available. 

Once you devices are up to date, edit or create a new entry on android so that the devices would sync. 

That should help recovering from the current problems with KEY.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

Hello,

Does it possible that latest (?!) F-Secure Key for Windows platform (.msi-file) not signed (by certificate)?!

Or there any reasons based on my browser (?! I tried to download it just by Internet Explorer 11 64bit, Windows 10).

Each time.. there not signed .msi-file (previously it was signed). And Smart Screen also noted this... as during try to launch it: the launch is prevented as "not signed application" (by trusted anyone).

I mean just "installer" as .msi-file (which possible to download). Probably other files (?! after/during installation) will be signed (not check it yet)..

Sorry for reply.

Thanks.

Aspirant

Hi,

I've downloaded the new version, with absolutely no improvement on performance. (I have a ticket opened for that same issue on a Win7-64bit PC).
I've tried deleting the F-Secure KEY data, to force a re-sync, and now I can't even get it to sync...
When I enter the sync code, it starts by telling me it wasn't able to reach the sync server, then it asks for my masterpassword... And finally it tells me there's not enough space to sync my passwords and I'm sent back to the "enter sync code" screen.
Upon closing the application and opening it again, I'm prompted for my master password, which the application considers as invalid...
So basically, I'll have to type all of my 30+ characters passwords every single time until this is fixed...
A major upset as far as I'm concerned.
Aspirant

+ unsigned installer, that's not too good.
Aspirant

It does look like a time formatting issue...

My phone (and my PC back when it worked), both indicated an expiration to my subscription on the 1st of March 46206.
Converting that date to a UNIX epoch, yields somewhere between 1395958406400 (at midnight) and 1395958492799 (at 23:59:59)... If taken as an epoch in milliseconds, this seems awfully close to my original date of purchase, which is logged as (in Pwdmgr.log) 1395926320030 (Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:18:40.030 GMT).
Actually, if I take one year off to that date (to presumably retrieve the value before I was last billed on March 27th this year) and convert the 1st of March 46205 to an epoch, I get something along the lines of 1395926870400, which, read as a millisecond epoch equates to Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:27:50.400 GMT.
This is honestly much to close to be a coincidence.
I'm guessing you guys had an issue with subscriptions being considered as valid due to a difference in representations, and tried to fix it...
However, with the change fixing the subscription expirations by parsing the format correctly, you also introduced a side effect where for every year added to the subscription originally, only 1/1000th (i.e. roughly 8 hours) of a year is now granted. (That is: a year was added to the date as it was read previously, and since the parsing is fixed and no longer reads a millisecond as a second, the years added in the meantime are now only worth a few hours).

Please fix...
Scholar

I'm experience the same problem on win10 64bit. The application is useless and if this not fixed asap I will find another password manager!

Aspirant

latest version on android and both my pc's and works without internet access. As soon as giving permission to net, client freezes and stops response for ever.

Highlighted
Aspirant

@Korvaoo, good tip, thank you.  At least I can now see my passwords.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Korvaoo, 

Did you already try to make a modification on an entry on the android side? That should trigger the syncing and help resolve the issue. 

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.