F-Secure Key doesn't start after update

Aspirant

F-Secure Key doesn't start after update

after i updatet F-Secure KEY to the latest version (okt 2018) i get an error report when i try to start it.

till this update everything worked just fine.

the report indicates, that the software might not be compatible with my mac os version (yosemite 10.10.5) ...

please help me soon, i can't imagine the amount of work and nerves to regain 30 + passwords ...

thanks in advance,

mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: F-Secure Key doesn't start after update

@mario3, we have released previous Mac version 4.9.71 and you can download it from https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/key

This should fix the problem you have. 

Have a nice weekend!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
F-Secure

Thank you for your report! We are currently investigating this problem.

F-Secure

@mario3, could you please tell the exact error message you are getting? Are you able to provide screenshot of the message?

Thanks in advance!

Aspirant

let me know, if i can provide details ...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-06 um 12.11.34.png

F-Secure

Thank you for the screenshot!

What happens if you press the ctrl key when you tap the mouse button  while opening KEY? Will it allow you to start the program that way? 

Aspirant

Thank you for this suggestion, but that delivers the same result.

Aspirant

in order to keep this going: excert from my error message. like i said, i'm using Mac Os X 10.10.5

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: __os_log_default
Referenced from: /Applications/Utilities/F-Secure KEY.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /Applications/Utilities/F-Secure KEY.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

Aspirant

Since i'm only using the free version, i guess i'm not entitled to get much support.

could you please send me a link to an older (running) version? that would be great!

i'm pretty desperate, because all my passwords are buried in this dead software at the moment …

thanks for your help!

F-Secure

Hi,

I'm truly sorry if you feel that way! It doesn't matter if you are free user, you are entitled to all the support. We are investigating this problem on our end and we have one idea for the possible fix. It just takes some time to implement it.

Aspirant

thanks for the quick response!

there's no way to get a pre-update-version though, i guess ...?