F-Secure Key causing ConnectWise application to crash.

Aspirant

F-Secure Key causing ConnectWise application to crash.

I just started using the premium version of F-Secure Key (trying to switch over from LastPASS) and it is working great for the most part, but I am having a major issue. When I have the F-Secure Key app open on my laptop, it crashes the CRM program that my company uses to manage our clients (http://www.connectwise.com/).

I do know that the ConnectWise app is dependent on InternetExplorer to run, so this might be an easy thing for you all to fix. I don't know if you would have to reach out to the developers at ConnectWise (located in Tampa, FL) or not, but it would be great to see this little issue fixed. I really like F-Secure Key, it's really simple to use and looks great, but if it keeps crashing the main program that I have to use as part of my job, then I'm afraid that I will have to stick with LastPASS. Smiley Sad

If there is something I can do on my end to help troubleshoot the issue, please reach out to me! I will do whatever I can to help out. :)

Thanks!

-matt

4 REPLIES 4
F-Secure Product Manager

Re: F-Secure Key causing ConnectWise application to crash.

We've now tested KEY with the same version of ConnectWise on Windows 8.1 Pro but so far we have not been able to reproduce the crash.

Highlighted
Aspirant

That is so bizarre. I wonder what is different about my setup that is causing this particular issue. Sometimes when I have KEY open and go to create new calendar entries for my team members, it opens up a bunch of new tabs for no reason. I usually have 15 tabs open in ConnectWise at any given time. They vary between service boards, calendars, dispatch portals, time sheets, etc.

When I close Key and restart the ConnecWise program, the issues stop. I'm stumped.

If you'd like any logs or something to help troubleshoot, please let me know. I would also be OK with setting up a time for a remote session so you can see first-hand what I'm experiencing and that might give you a better idea of what might be causing the problem.

F-Secure

Hi Stoo!

Just wondering if this issue ever solved itself, or if you're still hoping for some advice? Please let us know!
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

It's still happening. Smiley Sad