F-Secure KEY feature requests

F-Secure

Re: F-Secure KEY feature requests

@Jassu wrote:

From kiljander (F-Secure Product Manager): "Unfortunately we had to drop the lanscape support when rewriting the 2.0 KEY user interface. We know that some KEY users really like it so we plan to bring it back in a future release both for Android and iOS."

Quote from FSsecure staff member, highlightning made by me.

:) There was some miscommunication on the issue. Still, lansdscape layout (and tablet support) not in priority list.

Highlighted

@dukavi wrote:
:) There was some miscommunication on the issue. Still, lansdscape layout (and tablet support) not in priority list.

Ok, sad to hear that. Please remember that many phones are also using landscape mode when docked.

It was a nice feature with 1.xx version, really sad that it disappeared with version 2.

Aspirant

When opening Key, the last password is open

When opening Key on my PC, the last password I needed is open. Can this be changed so only the names of the sites are available- not all the details of the last site you needed to retrieve the password for?

Scholar

I frequently use the same user name (ie. email address) for different logins. Could there be some sort of auto-fill feature for user name field when you add a new site? 

F-Secure

@terotik wrote:

I frequently use the same user name (ie. email address) for different logins. Could there be some sort of auto-fill feature for user name field when you add a new site? 

Do you mean when you are registering on new website to autofill username?

Scholar

I mean when you are adding a new website & password and filling in the details in KEY app - there could be some kind of autofill in the username field that suggests the usernames you have used previously as you type. This could work on both desktop and mobile apps. 

Also on mobile app, would be handy to show the email-address specific keyboard when entering the username. Nowadays most of the time the usernames are email-addresses.

Little details, but it's nice when you can save extra typing especially on mobile.

F-Secure

@terotik wrote:

I mean when you are adding a new website & password and filling in the details in KEY app - there could be some kind of autofill in the username field that suggests the usernames you have used previously as you type. This could work on both desktop and mobile apps. 

Also on mobile app, would be handy to show the email-address specific keyboard when entering the username. Nowadays most of the time the usernames are email-addresses.

Little details, but it's nice when you can save extra typing especially on mobile.

It looks like a nice feature, although there are security limitations here, because every password entry (username, password and other fields) is encrypted separately, and when you start filling new entry, all others remain encrypted and username you have used in other entries is not known.

Aspirant

Hi, I'm a premium F-secure Key user and my question and therefore feature request would be: Following yesterdays breach of LastPass, do you plan to enable two-factor authentication to provide an additional layer of security for your users?
Aspirant

It's been a while since I've had any news on the topic, but last I checked, I still couldn't get KEY to sync at work, due to an authenticated proxy...

I'm not even getting the software update notifications either. Sadly, this discouraged a few of my colleagues who went for other password managing solutions instead.

The feature request I created back then was:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Secure-KEY-Support-for-proxy/idi-p/64070

And the post I'd written before that was

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Key-quot-Server-unreachable-quot/td-p/49087

Here's hoping to get some news on the issue.

Cheers,

F-Secure

We don’t know how common a problem with authenticated proxy is. Many other applications that require network connection don’t support this feature either. If there will be more requests for this feature, we will add it to the list.
Upgrade notifications most likely are not available probably because of the same problem, you may download the build manually from https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/key.