F-Secure KEY feature requests

F-Secure

F-Secure KEY feature requests

Our goal is security, reliability and high quality, not much to discuss here. But we want it to be convenient for normal users, so expecting your feedbacks, what kind of features you would like to see in this application?
We don’t want to overwhelm the application with big number of rarely used features, we want it to keep simple and easy to use, just exactly what’s needed.
You may suggest new features here, but please, keep description short and clear.

38 REPLIES 38

Re: F-Secure KEY feature requests

Some Android versions ago it was possible to use Key in portrait and landscape mode's - this is not possible anymore. I hope this feature will come back.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Credit to @Kolja-FIN

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Secure-Key-Password-history/idi-p/70853

"Please implement automated versioning and history for passwords. It is too easy now to accidentally change a password as it is, and there is no way to revert or look back what the previous password was."

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Secure-Key-Displaying-long/idi-p/70854

"Please develop a better way to display long passwords on phones. For example the password could be displayed on multiple rows.

Now viewing a long password in entirety requires one to actually switch the password to edit mode. That is not good usability, and it is way too easy to make an accidental edit while doing so."

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
WJS
Aspirant

I'd like the option to hide/obscure the notes section of an entry. I add the answers to security questions in this field.

F-Secure

@Jassu wrote:

Some Android versions ago it was possible to use Key in portrait and landscape mode's - this is not possible anymore. I hope this feature will come back.

I don't think there ever was a landscape mode. No plans to add it so far.

F-Secure

@WJS wrote:

I'd like the option to hide/obscure the notes section of an entry. I add the answers to security questions in this field.

If notes are missing and field is empty, Notes field will not be visible in accordion view, so I am not sure how it should look like.

WJS
Aspirant

@dukavi wrote:

@WJS wrote:

If notes are missing and field is empty, Notes field will not be visible in accordion view, so I am not sure how it should look like.

My suggestion would be to leave it the way it appears now when there is not an entry in the Notes field. If there is an entry in the Notes field, hide the entry but indicate there is one using a drop-down UI element. When the user clicks the drop-down arrow, the entry is displayed. 

Hiding this field could also be a user option (e.g. Settings > General > Hide Note Field <enable><disable>).

Highlighted

@dukavi wrote:

I don't think there ever was a landscape mode. No plans to add it so far.

Dukavi, You must be new with this project :)

Here's old feature request after landscape mode disappeared - it has been been there 100% sure.

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Portrait-Landscape-option-not/m-p/58311#M817

It was still there during last summer, that answer is from September 2014.

Please bring it back, it's awful to use tablet at car dock, when everything else works correctly but when you need password, your screen turn 90 degrees wrong way because key supports only portrait.

-------------------------------------

From kiljander (F-Secure Product Manager): "Unfortunately we had to drop the lanscape support when rewriting the 2.0 KEY user interface. We know that some KEY users really like it so we plan to bring it back in a future release both for Android and iOS."

Quote from FSsecure staff member, highlightning made by me.

Tags (1)
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Credits to @PIX3L5

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Key-Improvements/idi-p/71051

Just a few ideas-

UI Layouts:

Could we have more choice of layouts.

so not just a list but just icons, but like side by side.

real logos of the websites.

UI Colours:

More icon colours and also choice of colours for the whole fkey.

Devices:

Show which device you are shareing your keys with.

Add more than just one connect device as i have pc, laptop, tablet and smartphone.

Categories:

have catgories like shopping, gaming, communications, food shops, tech shops and so on. banking and forums, social media.

More icons:

Foodshops- asda, tesco, morrisons, lidl, aldi, sainsburys, waitrose, iceland

clothes shops/tech shops

email sites

body- boots, doctors, superdrugs

jewelry

tech- corsair and many others

games shops- game

gamesites- origin, steam

mobiles- three, o2, EE, giffgaff, vodaphone and so on

post and couiers- royalmail, dpd, parcelforce, ups, tnt and so on

tv- bbc, itv, all4, 5oD

tv services- Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview, Youview

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
F-Secure

@WJS wrote:

My suggestion would be to leave it the way it appears now when there is not an entry in the Notes field. If there is an entry in the Notes field, hide the entry but indicate there is one using a drop-down UI element. When the user clicks the drop-down arrow, the entry is displayed. 

Hiding this field could also be a user option (e.g. Settings > General > Hide Note Field <enable><disable>).

OK, now I got the point, we will take this into consideration.