F-Secure KEY and LastPass

Scholar

Re: F-Secure KEY and LastPass

Just wanted to contribute to this thread. I feel exactly the same as the TO.

I wanted to switch from lastpass to f-secure key, but couldn't do so due to the fact, that f-secure wouldn't accept .csv files.

Anyhow, I would really appreciate, if this application would support .csv files in the future, for it seems to be a great program. Smiley Happy

Aspirant

you can export xml from Lastpass but also that is rejected by Key...

Scholar

Well, one could do that, but this file would be encrypted and what we need is the raw data...

Former F-Secure Employee

Yep, there are many different formats out there and our hands are full at the moment.

However I managed to squeeze some time for a quick script to help those who are eager to use fskey, it is unofficial, unsupported and all the applicable disclaimers :)

If you're interested in giving it a try (again, it is lightly tested!) here are the steps:

Export from lastpass in csv format

Copy the exported data from the web page into a file, say lastpass.csv (NOTE be sure to save it as UNICODE, the option can be found when you do File / Save As... down close to the save button where it says encoding if you're using notepad)

Download the script attached and put it in the same folder where the csv file was saved (let's say c:\temp)

from the command line, run:

lastpass2key.vbs lastpass.csv fskeydata.xml

it shoud show you a window that says "Done" once it finished (just a second or 2)

from fskey, import the fskeydata.xml file

WARNING:

Importing your data multiple times will create your data multiple times! it does not check if an entry already exists with that name.

If you give it a try, please let us know if it worked ok for you,

-Matias

Aspirant

Sieppaa.PNG

Former F-Secure Employee

Uops, this is bound to happen with quick and dirty scripts :)

Would it be possible for you to try out with the same file, but be sure that there's no extra characters at the end of the file?

To do so simply open the csv file, go to the last visible character and press the delete key repeatedly, do not add any extra enter / return / space after the last character / letter, as this is my best guess as to what your problem is.

br

-Matias

Highlighted
Aspirant

Same error Smiley Sad

Any recommendations which editor I should use for saving?

Is there anything that is needed in pc? software?

H.

Aspirant

:)

Now it worked:

- edit with Win std Notepad - previously I was using Notepad++

- save as Unicode (as stated in intructions)

But main thing was to use notepad.

H.

ps. also import worked :) Now have to see if data was really imported ok... Smiley Wink

Scholar

@matias wrote:

Yep, there are many different formats out there and our hands are full at the moment.

However I managed to squeeze some time for a quick script to help those who are eager to use fskey, it is unofficial, unsupported and all the applicable disclaimers :)

If you're interested in giving it a try (again, it is lightly tested!) here are the steps:

Export from lastpass in csv format

Copy the exported data from the web page into a file, say lastpass.csv (NOTE be sure to save it as UNICODE, the option can be found when you do File / Save As... down close to the save button where it says encoding if you're using notepad)

Download the script attached and put it in the same folder where the csv file was saved (let's say c:\temp)

from the command line, run:

lastpass2key.vbs lastpass.csv fskeydata.xml

it shoud show you a window that says "Done" once it finished (just a second or 2)

from fskey, import the fskeydata.xml file

WARNING:

Importing your data multiple times will create your data multiple times! it does not check if an entry already exists with that name.

If you give it a try, please let us know if it worked ok for you,

-Matias

How do I run the commands?

Supporter

Hello Adrianleong98

Sorry for the late reply to your post.

To run a command you need to enter CMD. This can be opened by pressing windows button+R and the go to the folder where you have the files named in the instruction and then writing the command. 

Instructions how to go to a folder in cmd can be found here.

Br

Johan