F-Key does stuck

F-Key does stuck

Everytime when i launche it, it does stuck, for about 30 second. Only option is to kill the software or the wait. That is in PC, Win7 64x.

So annoying.

I have a Version 4.5.107

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: F-Key does stuck

@hobi wrote:

Thank you for the answer.

I tried to disable autorun via CCleaner, but it only create it again so my only solution is to install older version.

Why there must even be autorun feature and no config to disable it... i dont get it.

Hello,

Maybe you able to try this part of "workarounds":

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/Latest-Windows-Version-of-Key-4/m-p/85203/highlight/t...

In short -> with Windows Vista (and maybe with Windows 7) was next trick: manual editing registry (possible to open it from CCLeaner as brief-navigate-step to related autorun-key);

Like clear "Value data" (destination/path) about Key autorun-key; I did not re-try this steps with current Key build (maybe F-Secure Key Team decided to change such meanings too?!);

About "autorun"-feature as option -> I also able to think about this as about good potential option (and maybe it will be 'brought this to the attention of the KEY team' else one time);

Thanks!

About Support points:

That 'Contact support' page. I cant find any way to contact support. There is no email no contact form or anything. Only phone numbers, but that not the right way to contact.
[EDIT]
Ok, i did find a contact form, but it was in the 'business global' section. That is odd. But atleast now i can contact them.

This page: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Should be with "live-chat" (pop-up/modal/prompt) at the right-bottom side of page. It can be blocked by some of extensions/addons or with some other reasons. If such "trigger to chat" not visible.

With other meanings -> yes, there is only Phone and Chat support under home_global;

And with business there is indeed still available "Support request" with meanings as mail-letter (but maybe this is not valid for home solutions concerns?!);

With my experience -> Chat Support usually switched then to mail-channel (if trouble required more attention); Or maybe F-Secure Community Managers with workday/hours able to transfer concern and Support contacted you directly by mail;

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser

@hobi wrote:

Everytime when i launche it, it does stuck, for about 30 second. Only option is to kill the software or the wait. That is in PC, Win7 64x.

So annoying.

I have a Version 4.5.107

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Looks like that latest available F-Secure Key build is 4.6.107;

Do you mean this build-number (and not 4.5.107) also? If no -> maybe you able try to update F-Secure Key manually: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/key (by downloading fresh installer).

If yes -> with previous builds there was all OK?

Stuck comes with launch UI (open Key for login) OR with entering by masterpassphrase?

If second situation -- do you have large count of entries/passwords (?) --> since it can be time for decrypt them (?!); Which not quite designed situation probably and most useful step is direct F-Secure Support Channels:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support (because .. most likely.. they have proper abilities to check logs/required information about delay with launch application).

Thanks!

Ok, thank you. It has been like that for while now. Dont know what version it was when it started.

I updated it to Version 4.6.107 and keep testing.

[EDIT]

It seems that 4.6.107 doesent work at all. It try to force somekind of autostart and my Scotty, who is patrolling there, will remove it everytime. And when it cant force that, it doesent even start.

I dont want to have any autostart, i start it when i need it. Thats why Scotty is there sniffing those stuff.

Also, where i can see the changelog? I dont want to get any pointless autostart features, so it is important to see the changelog before installing a newer version.

And how can i get my older version back?

Superuser

Hello,

Maybe there will be official response, but I just able to place temporary suggestion:

--> about autostart - you able to re-check this recent topic:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/Autostart-Win7/m-p/97026

Where was official statement and some of unofficial suggestions about workarounds under linked topic;

I managed to 'turn off' autostart for Key with Windows 10 (and previously with Windows Vista -> where different designs for such steps); Windows 7 discussed also under noted topics;

Each reinstallation will 'repair' state and autorun-key is back (most likely - update/upgrade too);

--> for "'older version back"" required related installer;

If you have downloaded installer for your build (which was enough for you) -> you able try to use it (but most likely trouble with autorun-key can be repeated?!);

If installer not stored under your system -> you able try to request it from direct F-Secure Support Channels:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

(not sure - if they able to provide it, but if not -> they able to investigate your troubles properly);

--> If "4.6.107" did not work only based on "winpatrol" blocking autorun-key;

Maybe you able to re-check noted previously topic about potential workarounds;

With meanings that temporary disable "sniffing those stuff" for installing Key (remove autorun key with proper workaround) and re-enable "sniffing those stuff";

But -> does it possible that your "stuck" with long load Key also based on some of software? Which able to prevent speedy load it;

--> for changelogs there was such official statement:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/Microsoft-Key-roadmap/m-p/87078

Maybe it changed (?!); But I not sure where we able to get release-notes/changelog for build-updates.

Thanks!

I tried to disable autorun via CCleaner, but it only create it again so my only solution is to install older version.

Why there must even be autorun feature and no config to disable it... i dont get it.

That 'Contact support' page. I cant find any way to contact support. There is no email no contact form or anything. Only phone numbers, but that not the right way to contact.

[EDIT]

Ok, i did find a contact form, but it was in the 'business global' section. That is odd. But atleast now i can contact them.

Superuser

@hobi wrote:

Hello,

Maybe you able to try this part of "workarounds":

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-KEY/Latest-Windows-Version-of-Key-4/m-p/85203/highlight/t...

In short -> with Windows Vista (and maybe with Windows 7) was next trick: manual editing registry (possible to open it from CCLeaner as brief-navigate-step to related autorun-key);

Like clear "Value data" (destination/path) about Key autorun-key; I did not re-try this steps with current Key build (maybe F-Secure Key Team decided to change such meanings too?!);

About "autorun"-feature as option -> I also able to think about this as about good potential option (and maybe it will be 'brought this to the attention of the KEY team' else one time);

Thanks!

About Support points:

[EDIT]

This page: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Should be with "live-chat" (pop-up/modal/prompt) at the right-bottom side of page. It can be blocked by some of extensions/addons or with some other reasons. If such "trigger to chat" not visible.

With other meanings -> yes, there is only Phone and Chat support under home_global;

And with business there is indeed still available "Support request" with meanings as mail-letter (but maybe this is not valid for home solutions concerns?!);

With my experience -> Chat Support usually switched then to mail-channel (if trouble required more attention); Or maybe F-Secure Community Managers with workday/hours able to transfer concern and Support contacted you directly by mail;

Thanks!

Thank You.

Something must block that chat panel. I tried to use another browser and i see it now.

But your solution with the registry editing, did work and now the KEY does work again. \(^^)/

I just didnt noticed at the first that there was reg edit option in CCleaner so i did skip that part of your solution at the first. I usually use CCleaner only to clean stuff so the other parts in that program are kind of unknown^^

Ok, version 4.6.107 didnt fix that issue. It still stuck after i entering my masterpassphrase. Not always, but almost every time.

And now there is other annoying issue. It does start in a full screen mode almost every time. Not always, but almost every time.

Superuser

@hobi wrote:

Ok, version 4.6.107 didnt fix that issue. It still stuck after i entering my masterpassphrase. Not always, but almost every time.

And now there is other annoying issue. It does start in a full screen mode almost every time. Not always, but almost every time.

Hello,

Probably F-Secure Key should start with size (window?) which was before previous 'close'/quit action;

If not -> maybe it possible to tweak (?!); But I also with experience about strange size of Key window at start up (after some of releases);

But does your experience with contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat?) was not useful (about main troublestuck)?

// also -> I tried and on current day -> latest one Key is "4.6.112" (not sure... about certain changes or fixes);