Highlighted
Aspirant

Edge chromium

Hello

1. I have installed Edge Chromium

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

2. I have installed F-Secure KEY

3. I installed the Chrome extension, in Edge

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/f-secure-key-password-man/hoinmffpdlgmkhckafddjleaelkdnhhk

The extension does not work and informs me that I have not installed your software F-Secure KEY.

I am definitely going to be more and more disappointed with your software.

Which Chrome-based web browsers can I use?   Vivaldi, Opera, Brave,...

Or does the Chrome extension work only and only with Google Chrome?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: Edge chromium

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

And sorry that I did not try to check situation by own steps (I will try to do so later, maybe).

There was such a discussion:

Where it was possible to manage successful installation and to use F-Secure KEY (extension) with some alternative browsers. I tried with Opera Browser.

Thus, perhaps, could you try to check with these browsers on current day? And then to troubleshoot more with Edge Chromium.

The extension does not work and informs me that I have not installed your software F-Secure KEY.

Maybe something goes wrong and good to try check whether all is OK with another browsers. And if only Edge Chromium with such a design, then maybe to find information whether Edge Chromium with full support for "Google Chrome" addons or not.

I think that "officially" Google Chrome is only supported browser for its addon.

However, even current Firefox with related design (and I am not sure if there are large difference between extensions' design).

In general, it means that only supported browsers with guarantee of proper work. But addon can be available with third-party browsers too (based on users'  experience); although no any guarantee about; and limited support if something is broken.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

And sorry that I did not try to check situation by own steps (I will try to do so later, maybe).

There was such a discussion:

Where it was possible to manage successful installation and to use F-Secure KEY (extension) with some alternative browsers. I tried with Opera Browser.

Thus, perhaps, could you try to check with these browsers on current day? And then to troubleshoot more with Edge Chromium.

Maybe something goes wrong and good to try check whether all is OK with another browsers. And if only Edge Chromium with such a design, then maybe to find information whether Edge Chromium with full support for "Google Chrome" addons or not.

I think that "officially" Google Chrome is only supported browser for its addon.

However, even current Firefox with related design (and I am not sure if there are large difference between extensions' design).

In general, it means that only supported browsers with guarantee of proper work. But addon can be available with third-party browsers too (based on users'  experience); although no any guarantee about; and limited support if something is broken.

Thanks!

Hi @franco27 

Currently Google Chrome and Firefox are the supported browsers for F-Secure KEY.

You may read more about that here.

Aspirant

The more I progress in discovering your password manager and more and more, I go into disappointment.

Your competitors are much more complete in the support of web browsers and the extension for some do not require the installed application

+ no support for linux (no web version of F-secure KEY)

+ problems to import my passwords from a Keeper file

I have no regrets about finally choosing Keeper to manage my passwords.

I hope that improvements will come,