Copy paste function still compromise security F-secure key

Scholar

Copy paste function still compromise security F-secure key

Whom it my concern!

Although you tell that every thing is fine and and after 2 minute the copy paste function etc..... And som models and so on and on....
So when I look up the clipboard all my password are not deletet at all?

They're totally open to display for everyone. So in fact my clipboard does have all.my password well restored on my phone.

I wander if this is normal precedure when you got customers claims?

I'm confused???
I don't feel F-secure key is secure?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Scholar

Re: Copy paste function still compromise security F-secure key

Same issue here on LG G3 Android phone. Bunch of my copied and pasted passwords are in there in Plain text.
Community Manager

Hi Faering and RalphRalph,

As per the articles here and here, Your credentials get automatically cleaned from the clipboard after a period of time or when the application is closed. Does your passwords seem to be visible even after closing and opening the application?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hey!
days ago I copy paste yahoo mail password and today I just past it from the clipboard, does I, then really need F-secure if the clipboard is enough 😊
Best wishes faering
Scholar

@Laksh,

The passwords DO NOT get cleaned from the clip tray on LG G3 (stock).

The stock clip tray keeps a "history" of multiple clipped items going back in time.

Inspecting the clip tray, there are 7 (seven) of my passwords still there .

[Cannot attach screen shot] Screen shot shows just a select sample of clips (see the red erasure marks that is a previously clipped password).

Community Manager

Hi Faering,

May I know what is the OS of your device in which Key is installed?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Symptom Happens on current LG G3 stock version Android 6.0

Symptoms Also on Android version 5.1 before phone upgraded to 6.0
Community Manager

Hello RalphRalph and Faering,

This has been highlighted to the product team and is being looked upon. I will update you once I have a progress.