Changing Computers

Aspirant

Changing Computers

I purchased F-Secure last year and am very happy with it... well until now, my fault I know, but I am finally upgrading my computer this week and want of course to install F-Secure on my new machine, but sadly despite a big search I cannot find my activation code or reference or whatever it's correct name may be - I called F-Secure and was pointed to this forum - though how someone here could tell me my code I am at a loss to understand - can anyone help?

I have a user id and device id from my current software - would this help?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Changing Computers

@Ben wrote:

Hi,

Thank you @Steveg for the update, and sorry for the bad experience. 

@Frencheek, I sent you a private message to try resolving this issue as well.

@gll I am not aware of such life time  menbership offers. Could you confirm that it was meant for our Key product and where did you purchase such license?

Hi Ben,

Yes I can confirm my issue was resolved to my satisfaction, by a very helpful chap named Harri.

I cannot recall my purchase as I bought in the first place afterseeing it being recommended in the pages of Computeractive magazine and decided to investigate (yes it was/is the key product)- I am not certain, but would put money on it that I downloaded and the app initially from Google play on my mobile and was so impressed I decided the same day to register the software, thereby enabling me to sync my tablet and phone and desktop with the password list. As to how I made my payment - other than by credit card, I cannot say to whom (I would have presumed yourselves - but whether via a third party, I have no idea).

Once again, thank you to your company and staff for the resolution, lets hgope that something is learned about making the site easier for simple problems like this one, and hope that when I come to re-new in October (and I will be doing) that this too goes smoothly

Best Wishes

Steve Gillen

5 REPLIES 5
gll
Novice

I have changed computers I do not have my #. purchased your services about a 1/1/2 years ago. It was a life time membership and you have sent me a e-mail say it would be up in 2021. I need this cleared up today because my trail time is up and I jkust cannot find the acc.#

Novice

Hello,

I am in a similar situation. 

1. I have a F-Secure Key Premium Subscription, automatically renewed every year

2. Resetted my computer

3. Reinstalled F-Secure Key 

4. Now, I want to connect my other devices. They ask me to buy a new Premium Subscription to get the codes. 

Who has a solution ?

Thanks for your help ! 

Léa

Aspirant

JUst to let you guys know, and anyone else in the same situation - my problem has now been solved with the kind help of a chap from F-Secure named Harri (correct spelling) - he foiund me after I posted my problem on the -Secuire Facebook page - after that he provided an excellent service.

Good luck to any of you who may be experiencing the same problem

Steve

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi,

@gll I am not aware of such life time  menbership offers. Could you confirm that it was meant for our Key product and where did you purchase such license?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

@Ben wrote:

Hi,

Hi Ben,

Yes I can confirm my issue was resolved to my satisfaction, by a very helpful chap named Harri.

I cannot recall my purchase as I bought in the first place afterseeing it being recommended in the pages of Computeractive magazine and decided to investigate (yes it was/is the key product)- I am not certain, but would put money on it that I downloaded and the app initially from Google play on my mobile and was so impressed I decided the same day to register the software, thereby enabling me to sync my tablet and phone and desktop with the password list. As to how I made my payment - other than by credit card, I cannot say to whom (I would have presumed yourselves - but whether via a third party, I have no idea).

Once again, thank you to your company and staff for the resolution, lets hgope that something is learned about making the site easier for simple problems like this one, and hope that when I come to re-new in October (and I will be doing) that this too goes smoothly

Best Wishes

Steve Gillen